Chameleo Beta Test Mod

All about Chaos for Unreal... (UT3, UT2004, UT2003, UT)
Chameleo

Chameleo Beta Test Mod

Post by Chameleo »

Hey everyone, as promised we have a playable demo of our project for play testing ready. Note that there are a few 'blank' areas on the map and placeholder art here and there. Feel free to make comments on anything regardless of it's level of polish.

There is a readme file to checkout and a small doc file to fill out if you are so inclined.

Cheers,

from Pixelarious, producers of Chameleo!

Dave

http://student.vfs.com/~gd05dave/Chameleo.zip
Game Design 05
Vancouver Film School
R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by R.Flagg »

Hey, this is really neat guys! Nice work.
jb

Post by jb »

Cool stuff as soon as I get a PC back I will try!!!
Jb
Chameleo

Post All Feedback Here!

Post by Chameleo »

Hey guys, no matter how small or obvious your feedback is, WE want it!

We are so close to finishing (some obvious level polishing) that we need any and all feedback. Especially with regards to the swinging mechanic and such.

Cheers,

Dave
Last edited by Chameleo on Sat Jan 20, 2007 8:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
Game Design 05
Vancouver Film School
Hammerman

Post by Hammerman »

Had a chance to play some and I have to say this guy is pretty cool. I don't use the typical wasd key setup so I had to hack the .ini so I wouldn't feel even more mentally and physicaly disabled than I am :oops: . Perhaps configurable controls within the menu wouldn't hurt but not a serious problem.

The grappling seemed pretty good to me. I missed quite a few times but if it never missed it wouldn't be a challenge. It usually took me 4 or 5 swings to get from underneath the leaves/platforms to being on top of them. 1 or 2 fewer swings might improve the flow, but might also take away from the suspense, so I can't say whether to change it or not.

Is there any chance of adding a limited mouselook type thingy for looking up or down a little bit in order to see what is just slightly out of view above or below you? Might make it easier to plan your routes and/or avoid unseen dangers.

That's all I have for now. I'll play a bit more and see if anything else comes to mind.
---Good Times---
---Hamm---
"If you build it.....they will come."---Field of Dreams
Chameleo

Post by Chameleo »

Sweet, excellent feedback... TIP - try moving left to right while swinging... it will help you swing to greater heights!!!

ya, I totally forgot about a control scheme

we use a 360 controller usb'd into our comps., otherwise we use the keyboard z - tongue
x - jump
arrow keys <left> and aim up and down.

sorry. Using a controller greatly improves the play. There will be a complete front end and instructions with the final build. Like the idea about a mouse look... we had discussed it but it never got farther than that... the game is set to run at 1024X768

Thanks again and keep it coming all of you!

Cheers,

Dave
Game Design 05
Vancouver Film School