Putting music in my own custem made map

Discussions about Chaos mapping for the UT series.
[=Kain607=]

Putting music in my own custem made map

Post by [=Kain607=] »

I, currently trying to find out how to put my own music in to my own custom made map. And I'm having a hell of a time trying to figure out how to do it. It's putting up to be quite the difficult challenge. I need some one who has worked with ut2003 or have done some music work for maps used by this website. If any one could help me that would be grate, as a side note. I'll posy what the map is I'm working on, but keep in mind its complete Sh%^... And with the tutorials I'm Learning it will be awhile be for i make a map worth even looking at haha.
GB

Post by GB »

Im not sure, but you need to convert it to a .ogg file i think, then in the level properties, type it in. The music browser is obsolete in ut2004, so the song must be manually typed in. As for converting a mp3 or such to ogg, i have no idea. Try google...

eg.

View >> Level Properties >> Audio >> Song field without the .ogg extension.
"All i know is my gut says maybe"
[=Kain607=]

Post by [=Kain607=] »

What would i put in for any song that i downloaded from the internet? an MP3 file is what i i have rammstein du reichst so gut
GB

Post by GB »

You'll need to get something to convert mp3's into .ogg (ogg vorbis) formats.

Id suggest not placing "proper" music into your maps. most places wont host them if they break copyrights etc and you could get into trouble.
"All i know is my gut says maybe"
[=Kain607=]

Post by [=Kain607=] »

I see people doing that all the time, i hear music that i remember on some maps...
GB

Post by GB »

i havent seen that being done. Not to say that it doesnt happen. its still not kosher tbh
L'architecte

Post by L'architecte »

Jet Audio 6...
It is a powerful mp3/wav/ogg/wma converter, very easy to use.
Be excessive.
heutenitaz

Post by heutenitaz »

Find yourself a nice mp3 song into your map?. This must be maximum 3,5 to 4Mb. That’s the small file because your downloads in Unreal Tournament will be 2 huge and people won’t join your server. (if you are making Unreal Tournament maps for online use)