Some ideas for ChaosUT2...

All about Chaos for Unreal... (UT3, UT2004, UT2003, UT)
WiCK3D

Post by WiCK3D »

If your gonna have some kind of machine gun in CUT2k3 maybe u could consider dual sub machine guns...like uzi's or maybe a bit more futuristic :roll: ...just a thought.
jb

Post by jb »

2. Chaos Sniper Rifle. None of us cared for the "bouncing" ammo from the first. It tended to "bounce" off walls, rails, and the floor if you were standing too close (even if your crosshairs were elsewhere).
Yea we know. It took us a long time and I spent many hours trying to get it right..however with V1.1 of CUT I think we have made the sniper much, much less likely to do this...

3. Jump Boots. Double jump is cool; jumping like a bad anime character rules though. Sorely missed.
Done. DJPaul coding them this weekend. They are in and working.
8. The black hole thing. Highly desired. Only difference, put on a "throw distance"
Sort of done. I had gotten close to this but handed it off to DJ so he could correct a few issues I had with getting the distance right. So alt fire will allow it to charge slighly (meaning your vortex will be a touch more powerfull) as well as increase the throw distance.
If your gonna have some kind of machine gun in CUT2k3 maybe u could consider dual sub machine guns...like uzi's or maybe a bit more futuristic
We have thought maybe we should/could replace the default gun, Assult Riffle. Not sure if we will/wont. But if we did, a duel pistol/gun setup sounds pretty cool. Some of us miss the good o'l duel enforcer luvin Johny Woo style 8)
Jb
WiCK3D

Post by WiCK3D »

This mod is going to own!
All men think theyre god...but I actually am...serious, i am.
Swift Viper

Post by Swift Viper »

We have thought maybe we should/could replace the default gun, Assult Riffle. Not sure if we will/wont. But if we did, a duel pistol/gun setup sounds pretty cool. Some of us miss the good o'l duel enforcer luvin Johny Woo style 8)
I had that same idea in another topic, bring back the Duel Enforcers or have some type of Duel Sub Machine Guns.
Corvus|CL

Post by Corvus|CL »

I would think more of a double mini gun ;)
The European UT2004 and ChaosUT2 Clan
Frobozz

Post by Frobozz »

Frobozz, have you considered ISDN as an alternative.
Yes, I have, unfortunatly, due to the two analog loops between my house and the exchange, ISDN, IDSL, ADSL, and DSL are impossible.

But going back to the original topic: Ideas for ChaosUT2, the idea hamsters in my head spawned a few more out of the pitch black, grue infested morass:

While FPS games have several cool weapons to choose the demise of someone with, it inevitably usually boils down to A: People with rocket launchers for their sheer power or B: People with flak cannons for their spread (and sheer power).

12. Laser Point Defense Drone. This is the first or two pickups (picked up like the double damage, wear out after a time). The drone is a floating thing that circles around the player zapping incomming rockets, proxy mines and grenades with a laser when they get in range. Opponents will have to switch to some non-warhead type weapon to make their target a bloody smear. Drone batteries run dry after X seconds.

13. Kinetic Shield Module. This pickup blocks all kinetic based weapons, namely flak cannons, miniguns, and assault rifles, and rebounds them off in various directions (generally more toward where they originated from). Opponents will have to switch to either an energy weapon, warhead type weapon (which deals damage from explosives) or the dreaded Biogun to damage someone wearing this. Shield module's batteries run dry after X seconds. Flak monkies beware.

I suppose you could also make an Energy Absorption Field Generator and Biosludge Neutralizer Spray (you can guess what these two pickups do, if the later is ingested, please call a doctor immediatly) to complete this "Invulnerable to Some Type of Damage" pickup set, but that's up to you. :)

Keep-a-coding! Good luck!
R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by R.Flagg »

12. Laser Point Defense Drone. This is the first or two pickups (picked up like the double damage, wear out after a time). The drone is a floating thing that circles around the player zapping incomming rockets, proxy mines and grenades with a laser when they get in range. Opponents will have to switch to some non-warhead type weapon to make their target a bloody smear. Drone batteries run dry after X seconds
This one sounds kinda cool I think.
Kherns

Post by Kherns »

:P :twisted: :lol: Id like to say that it will be cool to have the really fun and good proxy mines launcher as in quake 2 ........im not a pure quaker
more on UT but i think that could be fun :)

_[ Flying Like Feathers ]_
Sir Tahngarth

Post by Sir Tahngarth »

if you modified the lighting gun to bounce (sort of like hte thunderbolt did in quake 1) ypou wouldnt need to come up wiht any ingenious suicide messages on bouncing back and headshotting yourself- checek the sucidemessges under the various DamageTypes - therse some really funny ones youll pretty much never see (and the translocator deathmessages are never called, only the standard telefrag message- perhaps you could fix this?) "JoeShmoe violated the laws of space-time and sniped himself." xloc telefrag suicide (telefragging yourself- ??? ) "JoeShmoe tried to go where no man has gone before."
AR- "JoeShmoe assaulted himself." MG (you can see this message if you use the Minigun HE mutator which causes alt fire to do spash damage) "JoeShmoe turned the minigun on himself." and my favorites, on the shock rifle primary- "JoeShmoe somehow managed to shoot himself with the shock rifle." and a shock-combo suicide- "JoeShmoe made a tactical error with his shock combo."
sure beats "Killed his own dumb self." (You can suicide with the shock combo if someone else shoots the shock alt fire at you and you try shooting him with the shock primary and hit his shock alt instead.)
I've gone where no man has gone before, but im not quite sure how it happened, because nothing ever calls the translocator's deathmessages.
I slay thee in the name of Khaz Modan!
Momoka

Here r my ideas,i hope i not bore u ppl^^

Post by Momoka »

Hi,i have buyed my UT when there was out the GOTHY UT,so i got the Chaos UT with it.I was quite excited to play it,but some things i not liked back then.So i read the 1st post on this forum,and i was start to think about what i would like to see in the Chaos UT2003.
1st...The Proxy Mines.I need to say,that i was mostly playing the Chaos UT alone against bots(cuz i only play such game for put down my stress,and not for be THE best Player).So my thoughts for the proxies is...they suck,in the hands of the Bots.I would suggest,instead of make that Smart Proxie Mines,why not make a "Proxy Launcher"?It should be like a mixture of a Grenade Launcher,that...launches Proxies,smart grenades,so if u miss,then the "Proxie Grenade" try to get its target himself.
2nd...The Chaos Sniper Rifle.I do agree that there should be a normal Sniper Rifle,the Lightening gun Suck.But...i hate that "Bouncing" RPB Ammo,eventhought i love that RPB ammo(what leaves thouse nice smoke rings),cuz u can see from where the shot came(imagine the Airspace of a Sniper War like in Face...).
3rd...The Jump Boots.They where cool,but i would like to see a Interface,where u can configerate the Mod,so that u can enter for how much jumps the Boots last(1-infinite).
4th...Turrets...I not like Turrets that much.For me theyre somekind of boring.I rather beat my Enemys with my own hands,and besides...the Bots suck with theyre skill to place it too.
5th...The Chaos Bastard Sword.I 1st need to say,i really love that weappon.It has something,up close and personal :D .I would suggest,that if u make a new one in UT2003,that it 1st does a lot more damage(around 75 HP dammage,that u Max need 2 hits to kill),and then that it ignores EVERY Armor(therefore it not cost u Armor if u get hit)...and lastly i would alter the second fire mode.I would give it a second fire mode like the new Shield gun has.It has an Ammo-count,and when u activate the shield,then u see a similar shield like the shield gun produces,and this shield can absorb EVERY dammage(so Flak and Rockets too)from the front,but each deflected shot costs u something like "Ammo",and that "Ammo" will regenerate if u not use it.
6th,The CrossBow.Hmm...i can not say that i liked the poison Arrow,but i liked the normal one(Especially in close combat^^),and the explosive one.

So...i would like it,that the new Chaos UT2003 will exchange every weapon from normal UT2003,and i would like to have an Interface where u can do things like turn on or off every of the Chaos UT2003 weapons,so u can configurate that what UT2003 weapons u want to exchange with the Chaos UT2003 ones.
Heres is a list,what weapons i would use for the new Chaos Mod:
1_Shield Gun - Chaos Bastard Sword
2_The Storm Rifle - A new Chaos Handgun maybe?
3_Bio Rifle - Here i would put in the Chaos Utility gun,But with the fire shot as 1st fire mode and the ice shot as second fire mode.
4_Link Gun - The very funny Chaos UT Auto Shot gun(with different Ammo types)
5_Shock Rifle - The Chaos Crossbow
6_MiniGun - There should be an interesting Chaos Minigun maybe?
7_Rocket Launcher - There i would put the Chaos Proxy Launcher
8_Flak Cannon - The Chaos Claw,with different ammo types(include Proxy maybe)
9_Lightening Gun - The Chaos Sniper Rifle,with the RPB ammo as default(not that sucky Bounce ammo).
10_Redeemer - The funny Chaos Black Hole weapon

Ok,thats what i am thinking about that right now,if someone has more interest in my thoughts...i would like to share more of my ideas :D .