Just a few Chaotic ideas

All about Chaos for Unreal... (UT3, UT2004, UT2003, UT)
Draggor

Just a few Chaotic ideas

Post by Draggor »

Hello everyone! Been playing forms of this mod since its debut on Quake 2, and now that I know a thing or two about coding, would like to help out all I can!

Here's a few ideas I've been pondering in my down time, and tossing them up here since others can bounce them around and such.

Railgun: Anyone else miss this puppy? I mean the big, heavy quake 2 styled one, with a hell of a noise, and just the right amount of lag?

Airgun: With all the physics updates over the years, the airgun could get interesting, just imagine using it with the gravbelt, and then designing an obstacle course around the pair. Have timed strength and haste runes, things like that.

Overall, I always did like the airgun, and another variation would be a grenade that when detonated pushed people away with the blast. Would need to be limited, otherwise the spam of them could get to be too much, but in CTF, say, a well placed one on a flag could be interesting.
~Draggor
catalyst

Post by catalyst »

1) The railgun I can get behind!
2) What do you mean by airgun?
3) It might be interesting to play around a bit more with ragdoll effects. In fact, it could be quite a lot of fun to put extra-long range mancannons in levels - the drawback? you ragdoll through the air when you run onto them ;).
R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by R.Flagg »

Welcome to the forums (and IRC) Draggor. (up)

Railgun still gets my vote.

Ya know what I remember having fun with, was using catapults in Hexenworld to launch sheep over castle walls.

Baaaa!
Draggor

Post by Draggor »

catalyst wrote:1) The railgun I can get behind!
2) What do you mean by airgun?
3) It might be interesting to play around a bit more with ragdoll effects. In fact, it could be quite a lot of fun to put extra-long range mancannons in levels - the drawback? you ragdoll through the air when you run onto them ;).
Airgun: When fired, it sends out a close to medium range blast of air. Anyone caught in its fire will be bushed back accordingly. If they're against a wall, the distance they would travel is instead turned into damage.

So, not only can you kill people by knocking them off a high ledge, but you can kill them by firing them up against a wall. And of course don't forget airgun jumping, a lot safer than rocket jumping I hear.
~Draggor
R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by R.Flagg »

US Navy sets Railgun world-record today.

http://www.navytimes.com/news/2008/01/n ... t_080131w/
Draggor

Post by Draggor »

Two words: Freaking. Sweet.
~Draggor
Kyllian

Post by Kyllian »

R.Flagg wrote:US Navy sets Railgun world-record today.

http://www.navytimes.com/news/2008/01/n ... t_080131w/
Ow
(Melaneus) Dammit, don't you know Furrysound's actually this hot anthro cat goddess? Who does server administration?