The Chaos Mac stuff (For Macs users only)

If you're having a problem with any of the UT versions of Chaos, post here for help.
R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by R.Flagg »

Although we should have had it in the download, at least now it is available on the downloads page.

http://chaotic.beyondunreal.com/c2_down ... ?view=cut2
Khadrelt

Post by Khadrelt »

I've downloaded the latest installer and starter for Chaos, but it doesn't seem to work. It installed fine, but when I launch Chaos Starter and specify the path to UT, it starts, shows the splash screen, and then just quits back to the Finder. The Console says:

2/28/08 9:38:11 AM [0x0-0x24024].com.atPAK.Chaos Starter 2008-02-28 09:38:11.421 Unreal Tournament 2004[172:10b] Warning once: This application, or a library it uses, is using NSQuickDrawView, which has been deprecated. Apps should cease use of QuickDraw and move to Quartz.
2/28/08 9:38:14 AM [0x0-0x24024].com.atPAK.Chaos Starter Could not spawn a GUI Controller!
2/28/08 9:38:14 AM [0x0-0x24024].com.atPAK.Chaos Starter History:
2/28/08 9:38:14 AM [0x0-0x24024].com.atPAK.Chaos Starter Exiting due to error

When I start UT2004 normally, there are no Chaos mutators in the game, either, which I was under the impression there was supposed to be.

I'm using UT2004 3369.11, and I'm pretty sure I have the ECE Bonus Pack installed. I wasn't sure about that so I ran the installer for the latest patch+bonus back from BeyondUnreal, and the installer told me I already had it and that it didn't install anything.

I'm on an Intel iMac running Leopard 10.5.2.
Khadrelt

Post by Khadrelt »

Ha, never mind. I figured it out.

Turns out I didn't have the ECE Bonus Pack. The installer I downloaded wouldn't install it because it said I already had the latest patch and wouldn't go any farther than that, so I downloaded an installer with just the Bonus Pack and it worked fine. Chaos now works great (love it!).
halprin
MAC Daddy

Post by halprin »

Khadrelt wrote:Ha, never mind. I figured it out.

Turns out I didn't have the ECE Bonus Pack. The installer I downloaded wouldn't install it because it said I already had the latest patch and wouldn't go any farther than that, so I downloaded an installer with just the Bonus Pack and it worked fine. Chaos now works great (love it!).
Good to know that it is working! Enjoy the game!
Next PR release date: 2 weeks
LouisC

Post by LouisC »

does 3.7 work with macs? It's working fine via the launcher, but I want it to work as mutators like it did on my Linux box back when I used to play it there.

I do have the ECE bonus pack.
LouisC

Post by LouisC »

I got it.. sort of.
Dr.Flay
Chaotic Dreams Team

Re: The Chaos Mac stuff (For Macs users only)

Post by Dr.Flay »

How likely is a Mac update to 3.8 ?
Unreal Engine resources: https://yourunreal.wordpress.com
Register your Unreal site at http://forumdirectory.freeforums.org
Who is Dr.Flay ?
Dorian

Re: The Chaos Mac stuff (For Macs users only)

Post by Dorian »

Dr.Flay wrote:How likely is a Mac update to 3.8 ?
Highly unlikely, to be entirely honest--unless halprin returns or a new Mac expert emerges.