Threat?

Feel free to chat about non-Chaos stuff in here.
Hermskii
Hermskii.com

Threat?

Post by Hermskii »

Twice today I have come here and twice my antivirus throws up a blocked potentially bad website warning. Anybody else getting any kind of warnings?
~Peace~

Hermskii
www.hermskii.com/forum
R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by R.Flagg »

I use free AVG and I haven't been getting any kind of warnings.
Hermskii
Hermskii.com

Today...

Post by Hermskii »

I have been by here several times today and I'm using the exact same antivirus here at work as at home and I'm not getting any warnings. This is odd. If I don't say anything else, it means it has stopped happening...

Thanks for the response.
~Peace~

Hermskii
www.hermskii.com/forum
genman
The Rail Man

Post by genman »

I got a warning last night, I'm using Avast!

This was the site that was blocked DO NOT CLICK: http://dutndzy.ns02.info/main.php?page
Hermskii
Hermskii.com

Yep

Post by Hermskii »

Yes, Among other things, I'm using AVAST as well and it was what threw up the warning that it was blocking me from going to a site that Inever clicked on or anything to go to in the first place. It popped up the second the forum came up. Seems the forum homepage here might have a hijack script running in it.
~Peace~

Hermskii
www.hermskii.com/forum
R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by R.Flagg »

sorry about this guys, hope it's not still happening. but I'll see if I can get Tim to stop by here soon.
Tim
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by Tim »

Hey there - I'm looking into this, it might be leftovers from the hack that happened on my old host (it happened a few days before the move).

It's also very possible that this is a security hole in this ancient forum system... I'll be trying the upgrade soon again anyways, but this time I'll make sure that I have around 10 backups scattered around >_<

Trying to find the location of that link anywhere in the files, and later I'll check the database, hopefully only 1 instance will be found (this one in this post).

UPDATE: The link was not found anywhere in the files... Will check the database now.
UPDATE 2: Hmm, nothing... I'll update the forums one of these days and hopefully that'll fix the issue - if not, I'll have to look deeper.
Hermskii
Hermskii.com

Good

Post by Hermskii »

It hasn't happened the last several times I have been here. It could also have been a false positive that has been rectified by Avast. I'll continue to post here when it happens in the future. Thanks for your hard work at keeping this place rolling along Tim. Thank you RFlagg for contacting Tim about this.
~Peace~

Hermskii
www.hermskii.com/forum
Tim
Chaotic Dreams Team

Re: Threat?

Post by Tim »

Well, for those keeping track of this topic, see http://forums.chaoticdreams.org/viewtop ... f=1&t=6510

I'll close this now - best to continue discussion over there.