Bug Report Thread for CUT2:3 PR3.01

All about Chaos for Unreal... (UT3, UT2004, UT2003, UT)
Kronix

Post by Kronix »

Dual mode seems to be really messed up now.

I set up a melee dual botmatch with one bot, set # of victories to 5, and time limit to 0.

In 1-on-1: After just the first victory, it ends the match and loads the next map.
In 1-on-1 best 2/3: If I win 1 round, it starts the next round. If the bot wins 1 round, it ends the match.
4 way battle and last man standind both do the same thing as 1-on-1.

After each round, the victor either plays his death animation or curls up in a ball floating in mid air.

EDIT: I found what was causing the problem. The game no longer like the time limit being set to 0. If you set it to 0, it counts the round as overtime and ends the match. Somehow, setting a time limit also managed to fix the animation problems I was having.
Phantasma

Post by Phantasma »

I was just playing on a server and the last 4 times I spawned I had no weapon. Whats up with that? I assume the other guy that was in there with me saw me with one because he said I was just making excuses for losing. You can't fight without a weapon wasn't that supposed to be fixed?
jb

Post by jb »

Kronix wrote:EDIT: I found what was causing the problem. The game no longer like the time limit being set to 0. If you set it to 0, it counts the round as overtime and ends the match. Somehow, setting a time limit also managed to fix the animation problems I was having.
Yea this is a know limitation for now. We can see about a better way to handle in this case.
Jb
jb

Post by jb »

Phantasma wrote:I was just playing on a server and the last 4 times I spawned I had no weapon. Whats up with that? I assume the other guy that was in there with me saw me with one because he said I was just making excuses for losing. You can't fight without a weapon wasn't that supposed to be fixed?
Sorry for this issue. We have not been able to reproduce it. Do you remember the name of the server so we can try to duplicate it?
Jb
Iceboy

Post by Iceboy »

Brandon wrote:When I go to settings and go to change players, there is two of every player, I go to the end of the list and its starts over again, and it wasnt like that in version 3.0. :(
I get the same problem. It's doing this in normal UT2004 (I haven't tried it in chaos yet)
Phantasma

Post by Phantasma »

Well the only server that even let me on was "The House Of Ryth". Everything went along fine. It was me and some guy and 2 bots. On round 3 I started spawning with no weapon for 4 times in a row and on the 4th time I left. The other guy thought I was making up excuses for losing so I don't know if he saw me with one or not. Either way I couldn't attack. An the map was brawen2004, but I doubt that has anything to do with what happened.
FU

Post by FU »

jb wrote:
FU wrote:the rocket launcher is too shiny now :roll:
We did not touch this skin or file so no idea why it would change for U..
the crosshair does not dissappear when switching to laser guided rockets 8O
Did Pep answer you question ok?
the sniper rifle shells eject from the left side (but Im playing with right handed weapons) :oops:
Yea if we get lots of people request we can change it..but is it that important??? Just trying to understand good sir...
the water splashes dont work online :evil:
Which weapon? All?
my server does not show up in the server browser
(chaos dm)
Is this still an issue?

Thanks again for your time!
I didnt change any settings as well, but the rl is very shiny now, sometimes its almost completely white 8O (the other shiny weapons look normal

the shells eject from the wrong side with the other weapon (the one you start with) as well :oops:
this is very annoying to me :wink:

none of the weapons give water splashes online :(

Ive tried 2 times now and my server did not show up while running chaos DM, but it did while running chaos duel :?
(it worked with PR3.00, but Ill try it again today)
R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by R.Flagg »

Hi FU.

Make sure the water-splashes not working for you isn't related to MinDesiredFramerate, and/or settings levels. Because when 3236 came, I tested for this with Chaos, and it worked. I even posted POTW showing a proxy 'making a splash', to show we were working in 3236.

I foget exactly which, but the water splashes won't show unless a certain setting is up high enough. Maybe it was WorldDetail, I forget.

And it also has to do with MinDesiredFramerate. This is in your ini, and if there is a number there (mine now reads 0), it will make adjustments in-game to keep you at that level, by turning things off. Another example is the headlights on vehicles. They won't come on if game is attempting to keep FPS where you wanted them.

So there's at least 2 settings that can keep those from showing up for you, that have nothing to do with Chaos. Please check those out and let us know.
Nemephosis

Post by Nemephosis »

jeditobe1 wrote:Nem.. can you delete the ChaosUT2.ini and ChaosUT2user.ini (well... try deleting the ChaosUT2.ini only first)? It should regenerate when you start UT2004, but fixes some pathing changes we made which would result in duplicate rosters.
I deleted XPlayersL1 and XplayersL2, and the duplication is gone. :)
jeditobe1
Inactive Chaos Team Member

Post by jeditobe1 »

Well the reason for the duplication in the first place in PR3 we tricked the game into loading the files in your UT2004\System folder as well as the ones in your UT2004\ChaosUT2\System folder. We were instructed that this was the WRONG way to do this, and the correct way was to place a copy of the two files you mentioned in the folder.

In the original writeup i did of patching instructions, it instructed to delete those ChaosUT2.ini and possibly ChaosUT2user.ini files. I know this part got removed (though it should NOT have been i beleive) from the umod version instructions. Zip instructions seem fine though. Anyways, the CORRECT way to fix this problem is to delete the ini files and keep the upl files.
I make Darth Vader look like a teenage punk with a lightsaber.
FU

Post by FU »

my server still doesnt show up in the server browser (in chaos DM) :(

and I have world detail to high, I see the splashes offline but not online :cry:
Iceboy

Post by Iceboy »

jeditobe1 wrote:Well the reason for the duplication in the first place in PR3 we tricked the game into loading the files in your UT2004\System folder as well as the ones in your UT2004\ChaosUT2\System folder. We were instructed that this was the WRONG way to do this, and the correct way was to place a copy of the two files you mentioned in the folder.

In the original writeup i did of patching instructions, it instructed to delete those ChaosUT2.ini and possibly ChaosUT2user.ini files. I know this part got removed (though it should NOT have been i beleive) from the umod version instructions. Zip instructions seem fine though. Anyways, the CORRECT way to fix this problem is to delete the ini files and keep the upl files.
I installed the patch using the UMOD, and then deleted the ini files like the zip file said to (as I had installed the zip version on my server earlier in the day). I still get duplication...

I'm thinking its the use of the upl files in the Chaos directory... I'm gonna try deleting them, cause its really annoying in normal UT to have to wade through the same faces twice to find what I'm looking for. I'll have to see if deleting the upls will mess up Chaos though.
Kaboodles

Post by Kaboodles »

Not exactly a bug, but why isn't there a "melee only" option for CCTF?
High Council member of The Generals
jb

Post by jb »

Kaboodles_The_Assassin wrote:Not exactly a bug, but why isn't there a "melee only" option for CCTF?
We were not sure if there was a need for it and/or if it worked well with the game. However I suppose having to actually run up (grapple) to the flag carrier to take him out would be a bit different style of CTF?
Jb
Iceboy

Post by Iceboy »

Iceboy wrote:
jeditobe1 wrote:Well the reason for the duplication in the first place in PR3 we tricked the game into loading the files in your UT2004\System folder as well as the ones in your UT2004\ChaosUT2\System folder. We were instructed that this was the WRONG way to do this, and the correct way was to place a copy of the two files you mentioned in the folder.

I installed the patch using the UMOD, and then deleted the ini files like the zip file said to (as I had installed the zip version on my server earlier in the day). I still get duplication...

I'm thinking its the use of the upl files in the Chaos directory... I'm gonna try deleting them, cause its really annoying in normal UT to have to wade through the same faces twice to find what I'm looking for. I'll have to see if deleting the upls will mess up Chaos though.
Ok, I removed xplayers1.upl and xplayers2, that got rid of the duplicates in normal UT, but I don't get them in Chaos...

This is incredibly weird. I have tried the remove ini files from ChaosUT2/System several times now.