Bug Report Thread for CUT2:3 PR3.01

All about Chaos for Unreal... (UT3, UT2004, UT2003, UT)
jeditobe1
Inactive Chaos Team Member

Post by jeditobe1 »

Did you add the pathing lines in your normal ut2004.ini? if so, that will cause a problem as well. To fix, remove the two path lines referring to upl files.
I make Darth Vader look like a teenage punk with a lightsaber.
Brandon

Post by Brandon »

I just removed the xplayers files from the UT2004/Chaos folder and I have the normal amount of players, i guess those wernt really needed, eh? :?
jeditobe1

Post by jeditobe1 »

Ill say this again: the way we did those files in PR3 we just pointed UT2004 at the ones in your UT2004\System folder (normally, if there is a upl file in the mod system folder, it does not load ANY upl files from UT2004\System). We were told that was wrong. The correct solution was to remove those lines redirecting the upl files, and instead to just place a copy of the two base game upl files in the folder. Im not saying this isnt the ONLY solution, but those files were necessary in the *correct* solution
Iceboy

Post by Iceboy »

jeditobe1 wrote:Did you add the pathing lines in your normal ut2004.ini? if so, that will cause a problem as well. To fix, remove the two path lines referring to upl files.
Nope.... just installed it using the .umod. I don't know why this is happening.

The only solution i've found is to move the upl files to a different directory, which fixes normal UT, but ChaosUT loses them too.
jb

Post by jb »

FU,
my server still doesnt show up in the server browser (in chaos DM)
Is this still happening? I know tehre were some minor issues with the Master server last week....
and I have world detail to high, I see the splashes offline but not online
Yupp I just verified this will look into and see why. It should be doing this as we have set replication correctly....

The only solution i've found is to move the upl files to a different directory, which fixes normal UT, but ChaosUT loses them too.
Iceboy,
can you do this. Remove your current UT2004.ini and ChaosUT2.ini (or just rename them if you have super critical info). Maybe remove the cacherecords.ucl file as well. That should flush out all of your settings. Then the next time you start UT2004 it will take a few moments to rebuild these files fresh. This should fix it so that the UT2004 "stuff" works ok. Chaos still should be broke. Once you have verified this then copy the xplayers1/2.upl files into the ChaosUT2\system dir and that should get the characters back for Chaos with out messing up your UT2k4. Can you give that a try?
Jb
Iceboy

Post by Iceboy »

jb wrote:

Iceboy,
can you do this. Remove your current UT2004.ini and ChaosUT2.ini (or just rename them if you have super critical info). Maybe remove the cacherecords.ucl file as well. That should flush out all of your settings. Then the next time you start UT2004 it will take a few moments to rebuild these files fresh. This should fix it so that the UT2004 "stuff" works ok. Chaos still should be broke. Once you have verified this then copy the xplayers1/2.upl files into the ChaosUT2\system dir and that should get the characters back for Chaos with out messing up your UT2k4. Can you give that a try?
Sure, as soon as I get back home i'll give it a shot. Thanks again guys!
TKATK
the magical link fairy

Post by TKATK »

if you enter a vehicle while in turret view and hop out you will have a view like a turret, meaning you see enemies thru walls,and a bit impared vision
Iceboy

Post by Iceboy »

Iceboy wrote:
jb wrote:

Iceboy,
Ok... I think there's something in my ini file that's acting strange... I'm looking into it... The auto-generated ini files didn't have any problems.
Isotope

Post by Isotope »

Vehicles breathe a sigh of relief after they stop burning... umm...
AKA: Enamel_32
Iceboy

Post by Iceboy »

Iceboy wrote:
Iceboy wrote:
jb wrote: Iceboy,
Ok... I think there's something in my ini file that's acting strange... I'm looking into it... The auto-generated ini files didn't have any problems.
Ok, I found it...

The line "Paths=../ChaosUT2/System/*.u" was added by the UMOD install.

I dummy this out using ; and the duplication and chaos models disappear from normal UT.

I also noticed while messing around in the settings that the proxy announcer is now the only announcer I can choose. This is in normal UT.

I'm not 100% sure what you guys changed with this patch, but its certainly been causing me a good ton of headaches. Hopefully you guys will figure out how to fix all this, cause I know you guys care about the fans!
No4HorsemenHere

Post by No4HorsemenHere »

I played an offline match of Chaos CTF on FaceClassic, and when people get frozen with the MUG and die, 75% of the time they still fall through the ground.
Cless-Alvein

Post by Cless-Alvein »

Whenever I or any of my bots (I'm home for the summer, and limited to 56k until I go back to college :( ) switches weapons to the Turret Launcher, the game crashes, and gives a fatal error. The last time it happened to me, I was scrolling up from the avril to the turret launcher, but I tested, and the same problem happens in Chaos-DM as well (the error message below is pulled from Morpheus)

The exact error reads:

UT2004 Build UT2004_Patch_[2004-05-10_17.18]

CPU: GenuineIntel Unknown processor @ 2542 MHz with 511MB RAM
Video: RADEON 9700/9500 SERIES (6200)

General protection fault!

History: UObject::ProcessEvent <- (mug DM-Morpheus3.mug, Function ChaosGames.ChaosWeapon.Timer) <- AActor::Tick <- TickAllActors <- ULevel::Tick <- (NetMode=0) <- TickLevel <- UGameEngine::Tick <- Level Morpheus3 <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Realloc <- 676F4C57 0 FArray <- FArray::Realloc <- 0*2 <- FMallocWindows::Free

Unrelated to the problem above, I have a personal issue with my favorite weapon. Until the MUG, I had never seen a truly realistic, cool looking flamethrower in a video game. Unfortunately, the flame and ice graphics are completely opaque, making it very difficult to play with/against. Is there any chance of making the fire/ice a little more transparent? Even 15% transparency would help tremendously.
I've got a great plan. I have dubbed it Plan Awesome.

-Red Mage, 8-bit Theatre
jeditobe1

Post by jeditobe1 »

We can look into it.. but one of the big disadvantages of the mug is its supposed to be powerful but obstruct vision.
Scorian_is_lame

UT2004 Characters

Post by Scorian_is_lame »

Hello guys.

I'm pretty sure you guys meant to put the CUT characters in the original UT4, but seeing as you have your own mod program, was there any real need?

Plus, my sniper rifle xhair dot has a small ring around it, i have no idea why.

One last thing - the CUT looks fantastic, but the bots duplicate [or at least they did, I'm just about to fix that...]

One last thing [AGIAN!] - was there going to be more CPP ammo types? I thought there was more than one . . . maybe I've been taking too much medicine lately :)
I was the created.
I crushed them in hatred.
I created, but not life.
I created death, destruction.
I thirst for the blood of my Enemy.
The silent, Ancient Enemy.

Scorian's testament.
Frisbee

Post by Frisbee »

By The Way, the bug that i reported about on the "PR3.0 Bug Thread", still happens in the PR3.1 version. :(