problem with UT2003

Feel free to chat about non-Chaos stuff in here.
howlermonkey6000

problem with UT2003

Post by howlermonkey6000 »

i was wondering if anyone could help me out. when i try to joing the ChaosUT server it tells me "The server has determined the character entry for Ravage is not allowed Please check your .UPL files to make sure they have not been modified or that duplicate entries do not exist".

In the Bot config./player setup it shows that the Ravage skin is working but i have another skin called Ravage that has a ? as the picture and no information.

I tried reinstalling but that didn't work. Does anyone know what files i need to change to get this working, Thank you.
Deaga

Post by Deaga »

You just might need the lastest update.
Sharing the wealth, two cents at a time.
howlermonkey6000

nah. i got teh latest patch and everything ese i needed
Deaga

Post by Deaga »

I'm no programmer so... God speed on your search for a solution.
DJPaul2

Post by DJPaul2 »

UT2003 doesn't connect to ChaosUT servers.. it's a different game, obviously.
Sir Tahngarth

Post by Sir Tahngarth »

I think he's talking about the chaos team's server, not a server running CUT2 (becase there isnt any)
I slay thee in the name of Khaz Modan!
FurrySound

Post by FurrySound »

Sure there is qazzTahngarth, its just for Chaos Team testing only... :D As soon as BETA1 is out, the public server will be updated with it... oh I can't wait...
FurrySound{TOC}
-The sun never sets on the Chaotic Dreams Empire
Shuri
Chaotic Dreams Team

Re: problem with UT2003

Post by Shuri »

howlermonkey6000 wrote: I tried reinstalling but that didn't work. Does anyone know what files i need to change to get this working, Thank you.
From what I gather, should be xplayersL1.upl that's the problem. Reinstalling should solve it however. In system, look for xplayersL1.upl + delete it. Copy/paste xplayersL1.upl.bak, and rename it to xplayersL1.upl. If you still can't get on the server, something's ****** :wink:
howlermonkey6000

ok i did that. hn i joined the server it let me take 2 steps and then gave me the same message. its odd beacause it was working for another server i was playing on
jeditobe1
Inactive Chaos Team Member

Post by jeditobe1 »

Might be a problem with the server packages? Dont know much about servers but i keep hearing about the packages when people have problems with a specific server.
I make Darth Vader look like a teenage punk with a lightsaber.
howlermonkey6000

the thing is, is that i already had 2 ravages in my bot config/player setup before i even saw this site. i checked the xplayerL1.upl and everything seems to be fine.
Shuri
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by Shuri »

howlermonkey6000 wrote:the thing is, is that i already had 2 ravages in my bot config/player setup before i even saw this site.
Somethings up then - shouldn't be like that.
Could you pm me (don't wanna clog up the thread ;)) the full contents of your xplayersL1.upl, so that I can see any differences to mine? Then I can tell you what to try changing it to, if it's got differences.
elpollodiablo

Post by elpollodiablo »

where is the second ravages player info? does it even have info? if it does, try finding a way to rename the other ravage. check xplayers.something in the system for extra stuff
howlermonkey6000

it doesn't have a picture or a bio or even a model in the player setup.
Deaga

Post by Deaga »

Delete it then. Just the extra file thing.