ChaosUT2 V1.02 Bug Thread

All about Chaos for Unreal... (UT3, UT2004, UT2003, UT)
jb

ChaosUT2 V1.02 Bug Thread

Post by jb »

Folks,

with the release of 1.02 version soon please use this sticky to report new bugs/issues you have found. Here is the change log from v1.01 to 1.02. Note please make sure you have latest patch of UT2k3 from Epic (v2225) as well as both bounus packs before you report bugs.

Version 1.02
* Changed Version number
* Added in spa's tweak to help fix the Laser Dot issue on some video cards
* Twaked the Proxy AI a bit so the dont attack dead people as much
* Tweaked Proxies to stop moving and blow up at the EOG (End Of Game)
* Proxies now expoded when they get in a Killz Zone
* Proxies now arm a bit faster
* Masive tweaks to the CUT weapons to allow their fire animations to finnish and a down animation to start when the weapon runs out of ammo and has to switch]
* Tweaked arrow trails to be more visible online (hopefully)
* Added in option to not display CUT news tabs; note this is not a GUI availbe option
* Added in AWO info to CUT Sniper and CUTRL
* Added in an option to draw xhairs when in laser sighted modes
* CUT Server Browser now prefilters to only list games running CUT2 mut if its a standard gametype
* Tweaked arrows/ripper to aling better in bodies
* Fixed issue with team games and removing team players heads with arrows
* Fixed KoTH Combo Issue
* Fixed issue with the DummyVortex proj remining if users was killed while firing the vortex
* Fixed after death frag in Poison arrows
* Fixed issue of Specator bug in on-line games (it display a message to let the user correct for it)
* Added a kinder way of resetting the grapple when its in a killz zone
* Added a placeable xloc as per Deus request
* Change the names of the main koth files to fix the issue with them not showing up on line
* Tweaked CUT server broswer to reflect new Koth names
* Modified INT to reflect new koth names
* fixed spelling errors in Translocatorpickup
* Resized gravbelt pickup to a smaller size
* Fixed extra jump bug on last jump
* Fixed issue were in team koth it was ignoring team starts
* Fixed issues where bots whould stay ontop of Hillpoints and not move around the hill a bit
* Fixed issues where the ArmorshardPickup had its DetourWeight set too high which caused bots to always detour and pick it up in Koth Games -
* Added hidden Var in ChaosUT to all a work around for Mac users to prevent fire texture crash.
* Changed ChaosTex_003 thanks to spa to avoid crashes on MACs
* Added in an array UseableAmmoTypes that will hold the ammo types for our weapons (may need this for the arena mut)
* Fixed issue with zoom sounds on sniper
* Added KoTH bot tweak
* Fixed sniper shell casing sounds so you can hear them
* Moved info found in ChaosUT.ini into the UT2003.ini
* Added neck spurts for reg arrow head shots kills
* Fixed bug were Gravbelt and heartbeats played on same channel
* Fixed bug were CUTRL lost the AWO info
* Fixed bug were player names were not drawn in Laser guided mode when using the CUTRL
* Reworded become spectator/player info when joining as a spectator -
* Possible tweak to help prevent loss of xhairs on Sniper/CUTRL
* Fixed ANs with multi-ammo pickups
* Fixed issues with RPB, Exp/Fire Xbows and Naplam/flash grenades not spawning on Xweapon actors
* Decreased momentum when Naplam, Pioson or Flash nades expoded
* Tweaked so that when you got a direct hit from an instant grenade you got the max poison/naplam effect
* Fixed ANs in process touch of Poison/Naplm nades
* Code complet for PR 1.02
Thank you for your time.
Last edited by jb on Sun Nov 30, 2003 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jb
halprin
MAC Daddy

Post by halprin »

I have a Mac and I think that if there is one head shot, UT 2k3 just quits but not all the time. I think this because a bot had the sniper rifle and I saw the red dot moving around me and he started shooting me then a second later, it quits. But one time I shot the sniper rifle at a bot and I did head shot but it did not quit. Tell me if you want the log. I was using the Air Power mutator though. I also have this in my ini file: bUseMacWorkAround=true
jeditobe1
Inactive Chaos Team Member

Post by jeditobe1 »

haprin: try this: while in a game, let a bot get a sniper rifle. then playersonly and find the bot. Line your head up with his laser and see if it crashes.

Might be the lens flare is causing a problem. Might also check by finding a map with a "sun" and looking at it. with chaos some zones will give a lensflare when looking towards the sun
I make Darth Vader look like a teenage punk with a lightsaber.
FurrySound

Post by FurrySound »

jedi.. good point.. he could then turn off visuals so the lensflare doesn't show and see if it still crashes.. no?
FurrySound{TOC}
-The sun never sets on the Chaotic Dreams Empire
jeditobe1
Inactive Chaos Team Member

Post by jeditobe1 »

yep. The mac version has some HUD changes in it... might be that we messed up the lens flare when changing it.
I make Darth Vader look like a teenage punk with a lightsaber.
jb

Post by jb »

halprin wrote:I have a Mac and I think that if there is one head shot, UT 2k3 just quits but not all the time. I think this because a bot had the sniper rifle and I saw the red dot moving around me and he started shooting me then a second later, it quits. But one time I shot the sniper rifle at a bot and I did head shot but it did not quit. Tell me if you want the log. I was using the Air Power mutator though. I also have this in my ini file: bUseMacWorkAround=true
Halprin,

make sure you remove you ChaosUT.ini file and set that work around in your ut2003.ini. There will be a new entry at or near the end called: [ChaosGames.ChaosUT]

Make sure you add bUseMacWorkAround=true there. If it still crashes then send us the log. We moved the ChaosUT.ini file inside the UT2003.ini file to make it easier for servers to be set up. Sorry for your trouble.
Jb
halprin
MAC Daddy

Post by halprin »

That seems to of fixed it! Thx jb!

Anyways, I tried to host a server at CTF-Face3 w/ MapVote and CUT2. But it came up with this error while loading the dedicated server.
Signal: SIGBUS [bus error]
What does that mean?
FurrySound

Post by FurrySound »

You caught the wrong bus and ended up in a bad neighborhood?

Couldn't help myself... I did a search on some server admin sites and google, but nothing came up... maybe jb has some idea. Could you post the previous 25 and following 25 lines from your log, maybe something in there will give us a hint.
FurrySound{TOC}
-The sun never sets on the Chaotic Dreams Empire
Isotope

Post by Isotope »

The heartbeat sound cuts off the announcer. I think they use the same channel.
Zachariah
Chaotic Dreams Team

a-haaaaaaaan a-haaaaaa-haaaaaaaan... CHIKO-CHIKOCHIRI!!!!

Post by Zachariah »

The laserdot box is still coming back (kinda) except its a transparent circle , visible only on transparent meshes.

Sniper laserdot could stand to be a little brighter(like a real laser pointer.)back when it had the box it was bright enough to see from a distance , and I could get headshots just as good as with xhairs

My head hurts
BobTheDog

Post by BobTheDog »

i got this error on face3:

UT2003 Build UT2003_Build_[2003-04-07_17.42]

CPU: AuthenticAMD PentiumPro-class processor @ 2007 MHz with 511MB RAM
Video: Hercules 3D Prophet 9700/9700Pro Series (6368)

ShieldAmmo CTF-Face3.ShieldAmmo (Function Engine.Ammunition.UseAmmo:0000) Infinite script recursion (250 calls) detected

History: FFrame::Serialize <- UObject::ProcessEvent <- (RipperBlade CTF-Face3.RipperBlade, Function Engine.Projectile.Touch) <- TouchTo <- AActor::BeginTouch <- ULevel::CheckEncroachment <- ULevel::SpawnActor <- (RipperBlade) <- UObject::ProcessEvent <- (RipperBlade CTF-Face3.RipperBlade, Function Engine.Projectile.Touch) <- TouchTo <- AActor::BeginTouch <- ULevel::CheckEncroachment <- ULevel::SpawnActor <- (RipperBlade) <- UObject::ProcessEvent <- (RipperBlade CTF-Face3.RipperBlade, Function Engine.Projectile.Touch) <- TouchTo <- AActor::BeginTouch <- ULevel::CheckEncroachment <- ULevel::SpawnActor <- (RipperBlade) <- UObject::ProcessEvent <- (RipperBlade CTF-Face3.RipperBlade, Function Engine.Projectile.Touch) <- TouchTo <- AActor::BeginTouch <- ULevel::CheckEncroachment <- ULevel::SpawnActor <- (RipperBlade) <- UObject::ProcessEvent <- (RipperBlade CTF-Face3.RipperBlade, Function Engine.Projectile.Touch) <- TouchTo <- AActor::BeginTouch <- ULevel::CheckEncroachment <- ULevel::SpawnActor <- (RipperBlade) <- UObject::ProcessEvent <- (RipperBlade CTF-Face3.RipperBlade, Function Engine.Projectile.Touch) <- TouchTo <- AActor::BeginTouch <- ULevel::CheckEncroachment <- ULevel::SpawnActor <- (RipperBlade) <- UObject::ProcessEvent <- (RipperBlade CTF-Face3.RipperBlade, Function Engine.Projectile.Touch) <- TouchTo <- AActor::BeginTouch <- ULevel::CheckEncroachment <- ULevel::SpawnActor <- (RipperBlade) <- UObject::ProcessEvent <- (RipperBlade CTF-Face3.RipperBlade, Function Engine.Projectile.Touch) <- TouchTo <- AActor::BeginTouch <- ULevel::CheckEncroachment <- ULevel::SpawnActor <- (RipperBlade) <- UObject::ProcessEvent <- (RipperBlade CTF-Face3.RipperBlade, Function Engine.Projectile.Touch) <- TouchTo <- AActor::BeginTouch <- ULevel::CheckEncroachment <- ULevel::SpawnActor <- (RipperBlade) <- UObject::ProcessEvent <- (RipperBlade CTF-Face3.RipperBlade, Function Engine.Projectile.Touch) <- TouchTo <- AActor::BeginTouch <- ULevel::CheckEncroachment <- ULevel::SpawnActor <- (RipperBlade) <- UObject::ProcessEvent <- (RipperBlade CTF-Face3.RipperBlade, Function Engine.Projectile.Touch) <- TouchTo <- AActor::BeginTouch <- ULevel::CheckEncroachment <- ULevel::SpawnActor <- (RipperBlade) <- UObject::ProcessEvent <- (RipperBlade CTF-Face3.RipperBlade, Function Engine.Projectile.Touch) <- TouchTo <- AActor::BeginTouch <- ULevel::CheckEncroachment <- ULevel::SpawnActor <- (RipperBlade) <- UObject::ProcessEvent <- (RipperBlade CTF-Face3.RipperBlade, Function Engine.Projectile.Touch) <- TouchTo <- AActor::BeginTouch <- ULevel::CheckEncroachment <- ULevel::SpawnActor <- (RipperBlade) <- UObject::ProcessEvent <- (RipperBlade CTF-Face3.RipperBlade, Function Engine.Projectile.Touch) <- TouchTo <- AActor::BeginTouch <- ULevel::CheckEncroachment <- ULevel::SpawnActor <- (RipperBlade) <- UObject::ProcessEvent <- (RipperBlade CTF-Face3.RipperBlade, Function Engine.Projectile.Touch) <- TouchTo <- AActor::BeginTouch <- ULevel::CheckEncroachment <- ULevel::SpawnActor <- (RipperBlade) <- UObject::ProcessEvent <- (RipperBlade CTF-Face3.RipperBlade, Function Engine.Projectile.Touch) <- TouchTo <- AActor::BeginTouch <- ULevel::CheckEncroachment <- ULevel::SpawnActor <- (RipperBlade) <- UObject::ProcessEvent <- (RipperBlade CTF-Face3.RipperBlade, Function Engine.Projectile.Touch) <- TouchTo <- AActor::BeginTouch <- ULevel::CheckEncroachment <- ULevel::SpawnActor <- (RipperBlade) <- UObject::ProcessEvent <- (RipperBlade CTF-Face3.RipperBlade, Function Engine.Projectile.Touch) <- TouchTo <- AActor::BeginTouch <- ULevel::CheckEncroachment <- ULevel::SpawnActor <- (RipperBlade) <- UObject::ProcessEvent <- (RipperBlade CTF-Face3.RipperBlade, Function Engine.Projectile.Touch) <- TouchTo <- AActor::BeginTouch <- ULevel::CheckEncroachment <- ULevel::SpawnActor <- (RipperBlade) <- UObject::ProcessEvent <- (RipperBlade CTF-Face3.RipperBlade, Function Engine.Projectile.Touch) <- TouchTo <- AActor::BeginTouch <- ULevel::CheckEncroachment <-

looks like the shiledammo script is getting called indefinitely...

ALSO:

Is the sniper riffel's bullet supposed to be so slow? it's hardly useable. I have to lead so far with it... I mean, it's a sniper riffle for crying out loud :P

anyway, Great mod guys... I love the poison and flame stuff :)
Gasman
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by Gasman »

BobTheDog, could you tell me exactly what you were doing at the time of the crash? For example, were you firing cutter at a bot, walls.etc...
Maybe if you can get it to crash again and save the ut2003.log file that is located in your system dir and email it to me at gasman@awesomenet.net
Thanks for the info.
Gasman
BobTheDog

Post by BobTheDog »

ok I sent ya the log file... all I was doing was assaulting theRed base on face-3 thru the front door and i got to the wall opposite the door and it crashed...
jb

Post by jb »

BobTheDog,

does this crash happen when you only run ChaosUT2? Can you try it with out the other muts? I looked at the log and nothing appears to be that much out of order. We will try to see if we can duplicate the error on our side. Sorry for your trouble.

The sniper bullet travels: 15,000 game units per second. To put this in prespective the UT2k3 rocket travels 1,350 game units per second. We made this way to allow for some leading. Also aim bots seem to love instant hit weapons. We may move that speed up... BTW the fastest object we have is the ERDW rail bolt that clocks it at a mere 20,000 game units per second :)

Pepito,
yeap and I finally figured out the why that is happening. There is an issue with how we set up that object. We use a final blend and a combiner. And over those certian objects the blending does not look good. I tried but being a coder I have limited skills with textures. Or main texture guys was busy with RL and did not have time to look at it. We will for the next one. Sorry about that.

Isotope,
Crap thanks for the info. There are only 7 sound channels and I am afraid we will not find one thats emepty. We can try again to move it to another channel thats less of an impact.... Thanks.

halprin,
Not sure does this always happen with a Chaos Server? Did you set the proper server packages? Oh good news fora ll the mac users. Ryan sent me an email today saying he has found the issue with fire textures and has corrected for them. Look for that on the next Mac patch for UT2k3 :)
Jb
BobTheDog

Post by BobTheDog »

mmm.. ok I'll try it again with the same settings. I have a few mutators in... the epic pack combos... and a few other things...