Shooting for June 5th -(Chaos News Post 052104)

All about Chaos for Unreal... (UT3, UT2004, UT2003, UT)
R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Shooting for June 5th -(Chaos News Post 052104)

Post by R.Flagg »

There has been a news post on the web site.

http://dynamic4.gamespy.com/~chaotic/index.php

This time with 25 new screenshots, a changelog, and the release date that we're hoping to hit.

Thanks!
chaoskirina

Post by chaoskirina »

so basically the CPP launches proxies? or is it in there for a small bit of fun?
Shadowstar
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by Shadowstar »

We're going to take the proxy out eventually. It actually has nothing to do with the function of the weapon.
TKATK
the magical link fairy

Post by TKATK »

Does the proxy stare at you and yap when you frag someone?is the CPP as strong as a enforcer or a AR
LoQtUS

Post by LoQtUS »

Actualy the idea behind it was that the Gun would have a proxy inside it to act as a power source, as it was a "pulse" pistol and would root you on when you were fragging, but when you were idle it would insult you. Ofcourse, with no functionality it would just be fluff, but Mr Flagg and i hashed out a concept to where it would endup being an upgrade for the pistol if you had proxies in your inventory and give the player a " proxy hud" with tracking similar to the sniper weapon option. But alas, the whole idea all the way down to the model is headed for the great chaotic recycle bin on a computer( more then likely mine). Instead It would appear that some of our team member are much more interested in producing a waaaaaay over powered set of enforcers from UT99 that alow head shots and alt fire 3 bullets from each gun. Thank god they took out the bouncing bullets. At one point i could get 2 headshots with one press of my fire button. Oh yea, and i could head shot myself. that was pretty funny though.

Ofcourse, all of this is just my personal perspective. I can tell you that i dont think this gun is worthy of our mod in its presnt form and think it should be rebuilt from scratch. Unfortunatly.

Please, remeber this is my personal openion, and does not denote any disention among our ranks ;)
The Dark Side of Chaos.
DemonHunter

Post by DemonHunter »

Personally I think Chaos shouldn't pursue a pistol as its starting weapon. If we do it will ALWAYS be compared to the Enforcer.
Best to try something different.

Probably why Epic refrained from Pistols in UT2K*'s.
[23:21] <DH> everybody knows coders are robots
[23:21] <DH> and should be treated as such
[23:21] <JimMarlowe> shhh
Zachariah
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by Zachariah »

Heh. I love the release date. Its approximately two weeks away!
halprin
MAC Daddy

Post by halprin »

Die CPP! Gay taunting Proxy! ;) I personally don't like it. But the devs already knew that. ;)
Next PR release date: 2 weeks
Shadowstar
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by Shadowstar »

I think a throwable ammo option would make a perfect "starting weapon" idea. Basically, it's not really a weapon, but you can take any ammo in the game and use it as a weapon without a gun to fire it with. The downside of course is that it wouldn't be anywhere near as powerful it would be when used with a gun. It would be on the AR slot, and hitting change ammo would cycle through all your ammos. This would also make it less practical as you pick up more stuff, since you'd be spending too much time cycling to the ammo you wanna throw, and would more likely already have a gun that's more powerful by that point anyway. Maybe we can replace the AR ammo pickups with something that can only be thrown (like a stack of boomerangs).

Imagine: throwable cutter discs, frag-bombs made out of minigun ammo packs, molotov cocktails made out of napalm grenade packs... The possibilities are endless!

I would support removing the CPP for the above idea.
DemonHunter

Post by DemonHunter »

That would be cool, but Would require alot of Work for all the TONS of ammos available.

How about a Boomerang? With Chaotic touches of course 8)
[23:21] <DH> everybody knows coders are robots
[23:21] <DH> and should be treated as such
[23:21] <JimMarlowe> shhh
Zachariah
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by Zachariah »

One of the Better Cutter Proposed AWOS , was to have the cutterblades Fly out and then return like Boomarangs. Perhaps we could do this?
Shadowstar
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by Shadowstar »

Yeah, I would like a boomerang...

Though since it doesn't always return, you'd need to be able to pick them up, or recover thrown ones. Imagine, your enemy throws a boomerang at you, but it hits a wall, and you run over and pick it up. Now he has to use something else... Maybe you get 2 or 3 for starters, in case you loose one...
halprin
MAC Daddy

Post by halprin »

I personally don't like the idea of an all-round ammo shooter. That AWO for the CUTTER I think is an awesome idea!
Next PR release date: 2 weeks
Shadowstar
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by Shadowstar »

I dunno, I have enough trouble avoiding cutting my head off with those things as it is, I don't need them actually TRYING to come back to me...
|GoD|Plaguelord|LDR|

Post by |GoD|Plaguelord|LDR| »

Shadowstar wrote:I dunno, I have enough trouble avoiding cutting my head off with those things as it is, I don't need them actually TRYING to come back to me...
LMAO

I'd have to say more choice of starting weapon would be someting out of Unreal... the pistol you started w/. And by finding more parts it would become stronger and stronger... of course it would need a chaotic touch. Like instead of finding parts for it the more kill you get w/ it the more powerful it becomes and after awhile it would morph into a meaner looking gun *animations needed*

Also IMO the CRL needs a new model... I believe DH will back me up on this ;)

EDIT: Another tweak I'd like to see in new models for the armor shards... the skulls are just a bit out of date IMO
Last edited by |GoD|Plaguelord|LDR| on Sun May 23, 2004 6:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
|GoD| clan co-leader
SK Online Community Coordinator
Visit the Temple of the |GoD|s