Chaos Relics on display at BU

All about Chaos for Unreal... (UT3, UT2004, UT2003, UT)
R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Chaos Relics on display at BU

Post by R.Flagg »

Just in case anyone hadn't noticed yet, there is a news post on BeyondUnreal showing the Chaos Relics.

http://www.beyondunreal.com/

Thoughts?
neolith
Chaotic Dreams Team

Re: Chaos Relics on display at BU

Post by neolith »

R.Flagg wrote:Thoughts?
We rock! :D
–The biggest trick the devil ever pulled, was convincing the world he didn't exist.–
Mætlöaff

Post by Mætlöaff »

Yes we do!
Bananasalat

Post by Bananasalat »

Looks coooool
In Onlinegames my name is >NV<UTMaster.

Es gibt nur einen Gott - BelaFarinRod!
TKATK
the magical link fairy

Post by TKATK »

Bananasalat wrote:Looks coooool
its chaos afterall 8O
Kaboodles

Post by Kaboodles »

Can you make a relic that lets you fly?
High Council member of The Generals
Iceboy

Post by Iceboy »

Kaboodles_The_Assassin wrote:Can you make a relic that lets you fly?
Doesn't the grav belt pretty much serv that purpose?

No redemption relic? Awww... Well... The redemption relic is kinda similar to vengence, but it was nice to respawn elsewhere in the map with all your weapons and no kill against your score.

Vampire should be pretty fun to play with though.

Do these come with sounds to let you know when you have one in effect? (The old UT99 regen relic had a low whirr noise whenever it gave you health, and the weapon one made the UDamage sound whenever you fired your weapon)

Finally, is there any visual indication to inform us what relic an enemy is holding? (UT99, the regen one encased your character in a blue mesh when it regened, armor gave a green mesh when you were hit, damage gave a purple/pink mesh when they fired, speed had speed trails, and vengence/redemption had nothing)
TKATK
the magical link fairy

Post by TKATK »

Iceboy wrote:
Kaboodles_The_Assassin wrote:Can you make a relic that lets you fly?
Doesn't the grav belt pretty much serv that purpose?

No redemption relic? Awww... Well... The redemption relic is kinda similar to vengence, but it was nice to respawn elsewhere in the map with all your weapons and no kill against your score.

Vampire should be pretty fun to play with though.

Do these come with sounds to let you know when you have one in effect? (The old UT99 regen relic had a low whirr noise whenever it gave you health, and the weapon one made the UDamage sound whenever you fired your weapon)

Finally, is there any visual indication to inform us what relic an enemy is holding? (UT99, the regen one encased your character in a blue mesh when it regened, armor gave a green mesh when you were hit, damage gave a purple/pink mesh when they fired, speed had speed trails, and vengence/redemption had nothing)
from what i read in IRC there will be effects,like a kewl trails for speed,a explosion or something with veng
Iceboy

Post by Iceboy »

TKATK wrote:from what i read in IRC there will be effects,like a kewl trails for speed,a explosion or something with veng
Kewl
Rythmix

Post by Rythmix »

What are relics anyway? just like pickups that do stuff that we normally use adrenaline for?

How about one that allows you to turn into an inanimate object that one is fun.
Rythm is Gonna Get Ya!
TKATK
the magical link fairy

Post by TKATK »

Relics are like the gravbelt randomly spawning items,when you pick one up you gain a special power,afaik there are
Vengance:Upon deaht you explode like a megaproxy
Speed:Move,move faster
Shield:Shrug off more dmg
Regeneration:close your wounds
strenght:Make the enemies feel youre attacks
Vampire:Do damage,get health
R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by R.Flagg »

Rythmix wrote:What are relics anyway? just like pickups that do stuff that we normally use adrenaline for?
Somebody just revealed their age. :wink:

Relics (runes, artifacts) have been around a very long time. Since Threewave CTF at least, probably even sooner.

Welcome to the games, young one. :P

And yes, we will indeed have visual and/or audio indicators for when a player has a relic. What exactly those are, and how they will look, are still being worked out. Thus the lack of pictures of those.

Stay tuned!
Iceboy

Post by Iceboy »

another question... will there be a keybind for throwing the relic? That was useful in UT99, cause Regen wasn't really useful when you were running around the map will full health and shields, so dropping it for an armor or weapon power relic was a good strategy.
TKATK
the magical link fairy

Post by TKATK »

Iceboy wrote:another question... will there be a keybind for throwing the relic? That was useful in UT99, cause Regen wasn't really useful when you were running around the map will full health and shields, so dropping it for an armor or weapon power relic was a good strategy.
if i remember correctly yes,there will be,but after dropping a item you wont be able to pick it up so you cant get regen,get full health,stash it in a corner,get damaged,come back and fill youre health again
Iceboy

Post by Iceboy »

TKATK wrote:
Iceboy wrote:another question... will there be a keybind for throwing the relic? That was useful in UT99, cause Regen wasn't really useful when you were running around the map will full health and shields, so dropping it for an armor or weapon power relic was a good strategy.
if i remember correctly yes,there will be,but after dropping a item you wont be able to pick it up so you cant get regen,get full health,stash it in a corner,get damaged,come back and fill youre health again
That sounds like a good way to prevent exploiting and abusing it.