HELP!!!!

If you're having a problem with any of the UT versions of Chaos, post here for help.
coopdvi1

HELP!!!!

Post by coopdvi1 »

I've installed Chaos 3.6, and the weapons work great; problem is, I can't find the Chaos vehicles. I activate the mod (sometimes via Community, and sometimes via the mutator), play an Onslaught map (e.g., Torlan, because that's the Onslaught map in the chaos website picture of the Chaos Bike) and I sit, staring at the Scorpion, waiting for it to change. It doesn't change. I have spent many sleepless nights looking through forums, and I haven't even seen the Chaos Bike or the Hover Board. I've read that you can summon it, but I can't get that stupid summon stuff to work (and yes, I feel stupid). I'm pulling out my hair over here--not because I'm'a die without the vehicles, but because it irks me that my Chaos doesn't work. Can someone PLEASE save me?

Everyone talks about how great the bike is; I just want to join in the fun...

SJC
jb

Post by jb »

Hi and sorry for the trouble. There is are varibles that you have to set in the chaosut2.ini to make sure they swap out. Please open up and check your chaosut2.ini file (found in the ut2004\chaosut2\system folder) and look for the [chaosgames.chaosut] section and make sure these varbiles are set as is below:

bCycleChaosVehicles=false
bDontAddChaosVehicles-flase
Jb
coopdvi1

Uh oh...

Post by coopdvi1 »

Didn't work, JD. In fact, I went to that section of the .ini file, and I don't even have those lines of text. That can't be good. I tried to be smart and simply copy those lines of text into the file. Nope. Another failure. More time staring at the Scorpion.

Do I have the wrong version or something? When I try to join a game and look at the news section, it says that 3.0 is running in the upper-right corner; however, it also says "Tell us what you think of 3.6..." (or something to that effect), so I assumed that it was indeed 3.6. Was I wrong?

SJC
jb

Post by jb »

Ahh yes you need to download the newversion, PR3.6 as thats the one that has the vehicles. We do not have an upgrade patch so you will have to download the full version :( But try that and let us know!
Jb
coopdvi1

Glory, Hallelujah!

Post by coopdvi1 »

And He said, "Let there be Chaos bikes..." and [he reinstalled UT, downloaded CUT2 3.6, installed it, and] there were Chaos bikes. My long journey has come to an end. Thank you, JB. You completed me.

SJC

PS Sorry for the redundant e-mail to your bell account.
jb

Post by jb »

No problem so long as you got it working!!
Jb