CUT2 in UT2k4?

All about Chaos for Unreal... (UT3, UT2004, UT2003, UT)
Brandon

Post by Brandon »

DarkspY wrote:Hey Aurae!
Wenn ich du wäre, würde ich R.Flagg oder einem der Chaos-Members ne Map zuschicken, damit sie beurteilen können, ob du möglicherweise mitmachen kannst. Es gibt soooo viele Leute, die mappen können, aber nix cooles zu stande bringen (z.Bsp. ich (sliced) ). Poste doch mal nen Link, falls du schon ein paar Maps im Netz hast!
WHAT! 8O
|GoD|Plaguelord|LDR|

Post by |GoD|Plaguelord|LDR| »

I'm American I went to Hanau, Germany for my 4 years of high school and I ended up taking a Spanish class and not the German class... thats gotta be the dumbest move I've ever done... Oh and saying I could take out the C.D. team in duel by myself... I'm still pretty sure I'll do it though :twisted:
|GoD| clan co-leader
SK Online Community Coordinator
Visit the Temple of the |GoD|s
Aurae

Post by Aurae »

DarkspY wrote:Hey Aurae!
Wenn ich du wäre, würde ich R.Flagg oder einem der Chaos-Members ne Map zuschicken, damit sie beurteilen können, ob du möglicherweise mitmachen kannst. Es gibt soooo viele Leute, die mappen können, aber nix cooles zu stande bringen (z.Bsp. ich (sliced) ). Poste doch mal nen Link, falls du schon ein paar Maps im Netz hast!
Im Moment hab ich noch keine online, aber ich arbeite an ein paar! Mal sehn wie lang ich brauchen werde ;)

@brandon: just german ;)

@neolith: oh, I understand. But, are you going to apply the "new" features to UT2k3, or is it just UT2k4 stuff??
I'm sorry about my bad English, 'cos I'm from Germany! ^_^'
neolith
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by neolith »

Aurae wrote:@neolith: oh, I understand. But, are you going to apply the "new" features to UT2k3, or is it just UT2k4 stuff??
We shut down development for UT2003 as most people are playing UT2004 anyways and we had to make a decision as the games are not compatible.
So for the newer versions of CUT2 you'll need a copy of UT2004.
–The biggest trick the devil ever pulled, was convincing the world he didn't exist.–
Aurae

Post by Aurae »

I've got luck cos' I already have it. ^^'
And UT2k4 is much better than 2k3 and with CUT2:E it becomes much more better! Perfect! :D
jb

Post by jb »

Tada:

Working WeaponBar stuff...thanks shuri!!!
Jb
|GoD|Plaguelord|LDR|

Post by |GoD|Plaguelord|LDR| »

Ah kool... that CPP looks pretty sweet on the weapon bar... all silver and black. I can't wait to see that gun in action to be honest and if you're able to use two of them at once just sweetins the deal...
|GoD| clan co-leader
SK Online Community Coordinator
Visit the Temple of the |GoD|s
Shadowstar
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by Shadowstar »

The CPP works well right now. But it needs new fx and we need to work on the AWO. I think once that's done we'll have a nice weapon on our hands.
Aurae

Post by Aurae »

You are going to make more kinds of ammo than one, right?
Maybe you could build some bars that show how many ammo you got left. Maybe the MUG - you see, how many fire ammo you got left, and how many ice ammo...maybe you could build this in the fantastic CUT2:E!

Like that:

jb

Post by jb »

Might be able to do that...however the proper way to do that is to tweak the HUDs. As a mut we should not change the HUD. Now we can use interactions...wich are HUD like...so we can try to work something in..just it will not be too easy.
Jb
R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by R.Flagg »

Shadowstar wrote:The CPP works well right now. But it needs new fx and we need to work on the AWO. I think once that's done we'll have a nice weapon on our hands.
Actually, the CPP was nearly put on the chopping block recently, and it was only a veto by Jb that saved it.

There are many issues with that weapon, and as of the moment we are awaiting an overhaul (both in model and function) in an attempt to keep it in the mod.

I still think it's possible we'll have "a nice weapon on our hands", but until we see the overhaul, I would not be too sure.
Shadowstar
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by Shadowstar »

Well, from my experience both online and offline, I can say that I like the way it feels. The current plan will change it some, but I like the changes that I've heard so far, so I think it will turn out nicely.
Nemephosis

Post by Nemephosis »

1. What's the CPP and why was it almost cut?

2. Is there any way you could release some weapons on their own just to sate us until the big release? A month and a half? I'll never make it!!

:D
Shuri
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by Shuri »

Nemephosis wrote:1. What's the CPP and why was it almost cut?

2. Is there any way you could release some weapons on their own just to sate us until the big release? A month and a half? I'll never make it!!

:D
1. Chaos Pulse Pistol; and because a lot of us didn't like how it was in games. There were quite a few things that led to this, but basically we want all our weapons to be ones that we are completely happy with, so we are changing things.

2. Heh... I think I can safely say that that's not gonna happen ;)
Nemephosis

Post by Nemephosis »

awww :cry:

but I wannit.... :P