CUT2 zip...HELP!

All about Chaos for Unreal... (UT3, UT2004, UT2003, UT)
fahrgo

CUT2 zip...HELP!

Post by fahrgo »

Okay...I have a mac and thus cannot us the .UT2MOD file. So I downloaded the zip, and it said it would have instructions, but it doesn't! I really wanna play CUT2, and this gettint really annoying. If anyone could lend a hand with a site or instructions, it would be greatly appreciated.
Most die, some are maimed.
jeditobe1
Inactive Chaos Team Member

Post by jeditobe1 »

the Help directory in the zip has the help stuff.. but it can also be accessed online at:

http://dynamic4.gamespy.com/~chaotic/in ... ro_ut2.php

Im not 100% sure how mac directories are set up, but you can install it manually by copying the files (they are sorted in the zip as to which UT2003 folder they should go into) into the right directories. If the mac OS is configured for it.. you can just extractall on your main UT2003 directory.. but im not sure that macs can do that.

Any mac users here that can lend a hand?
I make Darth Vader look like a teenage punk with a lightsaber.
R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by R.Flagg »

Just stick the files in the proper folders and you should be fine.

ukx = Animations
ut2 = Maps
ogg = Music
uax = Sounds
ini = System
int = System
u = System
usx = Static Meshes
utx = Textures
fahrgo

Post by fahrgo »

Thanks, guys, but it still isn't working. I have my main UT2003 folder with a .txt file and the app itself, and then in my App Support folder in my Library I have a Saves folder and a System folder. I tried to place the files in different places, but I'm just getting generally confused. If there are any Mac users who frequent this site and could lend a hand, I'd be much obliged.
R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by R.Flagg »

gamer119, where are you!? :?:

Yes, we have gamer119, but I've not heard from him recently.
R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by R.Flagg »

OH yeah, I forgot about this,

In your UT2003.ini, in this section;

[ChaosGames.ChaosUT]
SpawnProtDuration=5
ReplaceUTWeapons=0
bReplaceAdrenaline=True
GravBeltCharge=60
SpraySymbolName=ChaosGraffitti.Moo
bHookFlagDrop=True
bFORIndcation=False
bTalkIcon=True
VortexLimit=0
bLenseFlares=True
b3rdmelee=False
bAmmoChangeMessage=True
CUTMeleeWeapon=0
bUseTombStones=True
bBotsUseGrapple=True
bUseChalk=False
GravBeltOption=1
bUseXHair=True
bHideNewsTab=False
bUseMacWorkAround=False
TurretLimit=5
TurretAmmo1=50
TurretAmmo2=400

Try making that line say true.
fahrgo

Post by fahrgo »

You sure that's in the UT2003.ini? 'Cause I can't find it.

AARRRGGGHHH!!! This is irritating. :evil:
R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by R.Flagg »

Sorry that this is happening to you man. We're working on cleaning stuff up all the time.

This is what from the Mac section of the latest readme file.

4. MAC USERS
=========

There is a known MAC bug with fire textures. Epic will fix it soon. In the mean time we need you to add this work around:

1) Make sure you remove your ChaosUT.ini if it exists, this is no longer needed.

2) Open up your UT2003.ini file.

There will be a new entry at or near the end called: [ChaosGames.ChaosUT] (if not, add it).

Then make sure you have

bUseMacWorkAround=true

listed in there, if its not there add it.

That should fix the issue.

-----------

And I will update the online manual with this info as well.

-- Actually, I thought this readme made it into the 1.02 zip, but missed the umod...hmmm.... are you on the full 1.02 zip? There is a 1.02 patch that is a zip file as well. Make sure you got the full mod, which is listed 1st on our download page, the patch is lower down (if you got it from our site that is). Though I guess maybe it's not in the patch. So those who had earlier version and then patched up would not have it.

Again, sorry about the trouble.
fahrgo

Post by fahrgo »

Well, I redownloaded it, and I made sure the thing in UT2003.ini was right, and it still doesn't work. Maybe it has to do with the fact that I can't find any folders which might possible have the data for the regular game besides "system" and "save?"
jb

Post by jb »

Fargo,

we have a Mac user that can help you out. Let me have him get in touch with you.
Jb
gamer119

Post by gamer119 »

Howdy. I'm the mac guy. Sorry for taking so long, college has a way of sucking up every spare moment. Fahrgo, are you installing the files within the unreal tournament 2003.app package? There is no where it really tells you to do this, so we mac users gotta figure stuff out on our own.<br><br>Control - Click on the unreal tournmament app. From the contexual menu that appears, select "show package contents" Now you see a window with the files you have been looking for. <br><br> When you decompress the chaos zip, you will see different types of files, animations, system, maps..... All you gotta do now is drag and drop the contents of the chaos folders into their matching package folder. <br><br>As for the ~/library/application support/unreal tournament 2003 directory... There is nothing that needs to be installed there, but there is something to be done. I believe once you run the game with the files properly installed the necessary lines will show up at the bottom of your ut2003.ini. Open that up (after running unreal once) with text edit, or M$ word if you have it, look for this block:<br><br>[ChaosGames.ChaosUT]
SpawnProtDuration=5
ReplaceUTWeapons=1
bReplaceAdrenaline=True
GravBeltCharge=60
SpraySymbolName=ChaosGraffitti.smily
bHookFlagDrop=False
bFORIndcation=False
bTalkIcon=True
VortexLimit=0
bLenseFlares=True
b3rdmelee=False
bAmmoChangeMessage=True
CUTMeleeWeapon=0
bUseTombStones=True
bBotsUseGrapple=False
bUseChalk=True
GravBeltOption=0
bUseXHair=True
bHideNewsTab=False
bUseMacWorkAround=True
<br><br>Make sure the line bUseMacWorkAround = true. If it doesn't you won't be able to experience such things as the vortex or grav belt.<br><br>That should do it for you. If it doesn't feel free to e-mail me gamer119@hotmail.com and we can walk through it.
WeaponHunter

Post by WeaponHunter »

just a little question..
i didn't see any patch or bonus pack for the mac version of unreal tournament 2003.. how can a mac user do for upgrade his game??? (pc)
and in the download section of the chaos site i just seen CUT2 requires these patch and these bonus packs....

:?: :?: :?:
gamer119

Post by gamer119 »

Mac version shipped later with the patches needed already installed
WeaponHunter

Post by WeaponHunter »

well!
with the bonus packs too? :))
( my uncle has a mac... so we can play in lan party :D )
gamer119

Post by gamer119 »

Bonus packs, latest build, and everything. Gotta be at least 700 mHz to play. Pretty much every mac built in the last 2 years can play ut2k3 very well.