Help needed.

All about Chaos for Unreal... (UT3, UT2004, UT2003, UT)
Hermskii
Hermskii.com

Help needed.

Post by Hermskii »

I had ChaosUT2 installed a few weeks ago. I can't remember for sure but I think I used the zip install and did it all manually. I had to rebuild my system a few days back and used the umod installer this time around. Launching the regular UT2K4 will launch the game and I can choose Chaos as a mutator and it works fine but I'd rather have the icon like I had last time. I'm confused about whether I've installed it as a mod or a mutator and why the zip install would be different than the umod. I went back to the readme and tried the part about adding some info to the end of my copied shortcut to start Ut2K4 but I get an error message saying the shortcut would be invalid if I chose to save the change. Here is the end of my target for the shortcut as it is now:

UT2004\System\UT2004.exe"

Could someone please show me the exact syntax I should use?

Mostly, I'd like to be able to start up using the Chaos icon and have it launch into the Chaos menu like before. Please assist if you have the time. Is there an official uninstaller for the umod? Thanks in advance.

One more thing if any of you have direct contact with the makers of this awesome game type, the gun that shoots the spikes even though it looks like a ball of spikes, I think it is called the Claw......... I think the life of the spikes is way too short. I think they should be permanant until someone takes damage from them IMHO. Great work here. I will be running a server for this soon I'm sure. Later!
~Peace~

Hermskii
www.hermskii.com/forum
Hermskii
Hermskii.com

Doh!

Post by Hermskii »

I found everything I needed! Scratch all of it except the part about the spikes having a longer life. Later Thanks!
~Peace~

Hermskii
www.hermskii.com/forum
TKATK
the magical link fairy

Post by TKATK »

wouldnt longer spikes
1)Put a bit more load on the computer
2)Make it possible to use spikes instead of fire mines(which are longer lasting)
jb

Post by jb »

We can see about upping the lifetime of the spikes a bit. TKATK is right though if we leave the around forever then they will eat up some of your framerate. The spikes when they are in the wall/floor look to cause damage. So you have each spike checking from damage every so often during the game (dont remember how often, could be once a sec, could be once every screen refresh). So if you have many spikes the chance could be high for poor frame rates and if you have a low end system...

Anyways with all request we can look at it and see if it makes sense.
Jb