Melee idea

All about Chaos for Unreal... (UT3, UT2004, UT2003, UT)
Tuna_

Melee idea

Post by Tuna_ »

I got this idea from a recent error which makes it so I can't see my stance or health. I suggest that maybe the health should be hidden during matches. Seeing it merely makes you afraid, and is a large factor as to why many ppl run. Hiding it might make more people be more aggressive..
Eat Me
Gentlemen fill me with barbecue sauce because I'm stupid as hell!
KRoZ

Post by KRoZ »

I dunno about that. Some people would gladly run anyway or watch everyone else carve each other up before they pick off the weakened remainder.

But if you could keep the heartbeat without the health that wouldn't be so bad. I've noticed many servers don't include that, as to include it would also include kick and grapple. Grapple helps the runners.... grrr... kick helps for having fun being a nuisance. Hooray!
Why do dogs chase cats?
Because they run.
Rythmix

Post by Rythmix »

Worst. Idea. Ever.

If some people cant see their health and powerups are enabled they will be running for and circling the powerups the whole time afraid to fight.

Just put a piece of tape over your monitor :)
Rythm is Gonna Get Ya!
Tuna_

Post by Tuna_ »

I am not saying it will stop everyone from running away, but it will stop some. And the simple solution to powerup whoring is to just turn them off.
Eat Me
Gentlemen fill me with barbecue sauce because I'm stupid as hell!
Rythmix

Post by Rythmix »

Tuna_ wrote:I am not saying it will stop everyone from running away, but it will stop some. And the simple solution to powerup whoring is to just turn them off.
Thats not a problem or a solution.. especially if the server admin wants them on.
Rythm is Gonna Get Ya!
Mopageboy

Post by Mopageboy »

i think its an aousome idea only for a melee duel but. no health diplayed and only the heart beat.... nice
jb

Post by jb »

Well the problem with that is while you guys think its great, others dont. And we can not win. Meaning if we dont change it, you will be dis-appointed. If we do, others will be dis-appointed. So no matter what we do, we are wrong. In this case, the HUD only is valid on the clients (Servers dont have huds). So it would be a lot of extra work on our part to add an option that turns the health off. And for this case we can spend our time working on other areas. Its probably better if you and friends agree to play this way and just follow the Genetleman's agreement so no one turns it on while they are playing.

Make any sense?
Jb