shall we play a the game? (wargames defcon 1???)

All about Chaos for Unreal... (UT3, UT2004, UT2003, UT)
jo'lith

shall we play a the game? (wargames defcon 1???)

Post by jo'lith »

*crap! can someone move this to Chaos ut 2k4 general???*

i know i havent been on much, but im back, and guess what!

*BING!!!* idea!!!
basically its a melee only thing, so its just a huge map, with tons of bots, if thats possible, and have wars, we all know bots just plain SUCK with melee, so they could be like grunts or somthing while the players, who know to acually stab with daggers and such, are heros and such, just think of the chaos(lag) 30 bots on each team just charging each other, while 8 heros battle it out/rack up the kills?

on second thought, its a sucky idea, but hey...it sounds cool to me at the moment...btw plz dont flame me, all you need to do is tell me its impossible/lag filled..,
Shadowstar
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by Shadowstar »

Melee invasion could end up being something like this. Instead of monsters you'd have hordes of melee-weilding monsters though.

More info to be released later.
AA/unreality

Post by AA/unreality »

cool melee invasion sounds cool but it wudnt be cool if you get cornered by 10 of those monsters! for me the perfect mut for invasion is UT2004RPG weeeeee
Tim
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by Tim »

I had, and still have a similar idea. Why don't you make osmething like siege. 1 team should attack castle while other defends, and weapons would be crossbow (no poison and explosive) and melee weapons. If u could, u could also add catapult to destroy towers (towers would act like vehicles, that aren't movable/drivable). U coulde also add catapults ON towers to "bomb stones" down on attackers. Catapult would be "driven" by a player or a bot, that enters it like a vehicle. So that would mean new vehicles, meshes, and new coding... Sort of assult anyway... Lots of coding, but it would be great.
Shadowstar
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by Shadowstar »

I've used a combination of mutators to create a fairly interesting Chaos Invasion game which uses UT2k4 RPG, but I only play it alone or at LAN parties. I'd make it a public server, but it requires so many different mods (all of which are perfectly compatible with Chaos), that I doubt anyone would actually be able (or willing) to log on. Still, I guess it couldn't hurt to try. Well, I'll think about it.

For the record, it runs with the Chaos PR3.01 version.
chaoskirina

Post by chaoskirina »

you know, what if you took a bunch of monsters and put them both on each team's sides? then of course you would have a castle on eaither side and a last man standing sort of lives system. the monsters would be a mix of melee wielders and unreal monsters. compatable with satore packs and add-ons of course. then you can play something called war. there are two ways to win. either capture the "king" and bring him back to your base or eliminate all players but the king. the king has infi ammo for the crossbow. plus he has a templar which is slightly stronger than the knights. knights must get ammo and the crossbow wep. plus you can ask a monster to be your partner by standing near him and pressing use. like a vehicle. then he can take orders. like defend, attack, search and destroy, support. and he uses what the bots use to follow that order. and to capture the king players and monster are equipped with a "rope gun" which acts like a really strong grapple. the king cannot use a weapon to get out and he is dragged by the player or monster capturing him. the only way to save your king is to kill the one that holds the ropes. and warlords cannot fly when capturing. nor anything else that flies. basically, you use like a bot command so that warlords must have ground contact when capturing or gasbags must be 2 feet max off the ground for capture. if the enemy captures your king then you lose. plus maybe you can make some more weps for the gametype. plus when your king is being captured your knights have infi crossbow ammo. that is "war." this means war! EDIT: also, if one king accidently dies the next team member who touches the crown becomes king. and while this is happening the enemy team can head back and reload ammo if they want. another thing is for the weps you may want to add a class option. like if you are a squire then you get only a melee wep and a crossbow with normal ammo. if you are like a knight however you get one extra crazy wep you guys make plus you get flaming arrows for the crossbow. EDIT#2: and when you reach a level near king, like hero, then you switch to a more modern class system. like grunt. all the way until you reach the height of general. and maybe perhaps you guys can add beyond that, make your own class system. like the low class can be little proxy and a much higher class would be golden proxy. perhaps you can make the king renamed proxy king! and maybe like whoever is proxy king takes on the form of a large proxy. like those red and blue ones you have in one of your CTF lvl's. can't remember the name right now. also, he can only jump around. if he wants he can suicide but if he does then he immediently goes to lowest rank when he respawns. if he is killed by someone he keeps his ranks.
Last edited by chaoskirina on Wed Sep 01, 2004 7:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The_0men

Post by The_0men »

U know what u guys need is a mod 0.0 noooooooooooo way can u have a mutator do that its toooo big and it sounds like a mod to me anyway......and it would be a sucky mod like shooting ballons out the sky....it looked soooo cool but my god it sucked! -.-

~ The 0men ~
TKATK
the magical link fairy

Post by TKATK »

The_0men wrote:U know what u guys need is a mod 0.0 noooooooooooo way can u have a mutator do that its toooo big and it sounds like a mod to me anyway......and it would be a sucky mod like shooting ballons out the sky....it looked soooo cool but my god it sucked! -.-
this is a mod....
he/she/they suggested it as a gametype....
The_0men

Post by The_0men »

Yea but what i mean is this kinda sounds like a different mod.......like a whole different project, well i just think not many ppl will play it and it would be too big a deal....nvm ill just shut up:)

~ The 0men ~
chaoskirina

Post by chaoskirina »

Tim wrote: If u could, u could also add catapult to destroy towers (towers would act like vehicles, that aren't movable/drivable). U coulde also add catapults ON towers to "bomb stones" down on attackers.
so basically at the beginning of a match you have towers that appear? to do this and still make it good is to make the towers into karma actors. karma explosion. that way you can still make it look more proffesional. plus when the tower explodes the catapults would fall. if they are high enough they would break.
chaoskirina

Post by chaoskirina »

The_0men wrote:Yea but what i mean is this kinda sounds like a different mod.......like a whole different project, well i just think not many ppl will play it and it would be too big a deal....nvm ill just shut up:)
if you are confused about what I said, then all i am suggesting is a gametype. like you have DOC on the way. looks a lot medevil. so i made up a gametype that would have a CTF and DOC base. we are just suggesting gametype's that might make it to the mod.
Shadowstar
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by Shadowstar »

For the record, DOC is no longer in development.

This does not mean that we have stopped development on the melee-invasion style of gametype, however.

The status of DOC may change in the future, but there are no current plans to complete it.
jo'lith

Post by jo'lith »

no plans to continue it? o no!

/me cries uncontrollably

/me stops suddenly as he reads your working on melee invasion and cheers up

horray