ChaosUT2 Arena Mod ....

All about Chaos for Unreal... (UT3, UT2004, UT2003, UT)
Mephisto

ChaosUT2 Arena Mod ....

Post by Mephisto »

Hi,

Regardless my other post, is it possible ONLY to install a kind of arena or mod (voteable) where only the weapons are changed to ChaosUT2 weapons instead of standard weapons ?

We have only limited space on our ClanServer but we love these weapons :)
It´s not a bug - it´s a feature
TKATK
the magical link fairy

Post by TKATK »

You can just cut out all the maps and a few stuff that a chaos member who might drop on this thread might be nice enuff to list,but chaos will always be about 60mb atleast
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

Well, I have disabled already the Gametypes and just enabled the Mutator, but is there ANY way to minimize the download for member who have not Chaos installed ? That really only the weapons are being downloaded and not skins, vehicles etc. ?
jeditobe1
Inactive Chaos Team Member

Post by jeditobe1 »

Unfortunately no.

The two mod code file packages contain all the vehicles, gametypes (even if you dont have them enabled they are still loaded when the u file is), and other things.

This means those files will cease to function if any files are missing.. thus you cannot reduce the download size.
I make Darth Vader look like a teenage punk with a lightsaber.
jb

Post by jb »

To add to what Jedi said, we tried to offer parts of the mod seperate in UT99 but it wound up being more trouble than its worth. So we made a choice to not do that for UT2k3/4.
Jb
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

That´s ok ...

I thought (don´t no why, maybe too much beer) that as soon as a client connects to the server, EVERY map at once will be downloaded to the client ...
Well ... I just had one coke and suddenly it was clear that this was a stupid thought :) :)