Relic of vengeance....

All about Chaos for Unreal... (UT3, UT2004, UT2003, UT)
Inu

Relic of vengeance....

Post by Inu »

I'm not sure if this is on purpose or not, but the relic of vengeance seems to barely ever work. I've killed people who were holding it point-blank and have simply walked through the explosion unharmed...

It's like my favorite relic, hehe, so I'm very sad at it not working. Anybody else have this problem?

-Inu (new guy)
kabe ni kono nyuuji wo tsukete mite kudasai.
TKATK
the magical link fairy

Post by TKATK »

the big bang or spirits?
3.51 or 3.6
Deathstorm

Post by Deathstorm »

Last I played it didn't work, that was on ctf/ons servers though. BTW that was a few weeks ago, haven't found any servers since then I don't have to download a 11k file from. If I had cable or dsl, I would get it, but I am on a 56k & I don't want to download a 11k ONSTEXTURES file to play on a freaken DM server.
TKATK
the magical link fairy

Post by TKATK »

11k aint all that much...

atleast which version was it,and was it explosion or spirit?
Deathstorm

Post by Deathstorm »

TKATK wrote:11k aint all that much...
Sorry, I meant 11 meg. Well I am not sure, it will take maybe 30-40 minutes to download.
Shadowstar
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by Shadowstar »

It seems he was using the explosion option. I never felt that it was powerful enough, but we stopped working on it when we implemented the spirits as an alternative. Now that we have made it selectable, perhaps we can work on balancing the explosion again.
Inu

Post by Inu »

Ahh....I must have misunderstood that option. I figured that it meant that nothing would happen unless the box itself was checked. I'll turn that back to unchecked next time, then. Lol.

I'm such a noob. *cries*

Edit: And yeah. Version 6. I love you guys. ^_^
kabe ni kono nyuuji wo tsukete mite kudasai.
jb

Post by jb »

So INU, every thing ok for you?
Jb
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

Stupid question maybe : Where can I set the option for this relic ? In the ini ? cannot find an option like that in the ini, like how it should react etc.

Currently I hear the voice "DIE" and a blue thingi is coming and kills the killer ...

But I am also sure there was an explosion as I run version 3.5 ...
It´s not a bug - it´s a feature
jb

Post by jb »

Start the game, go to settings, Chaos, click on the Relic Config Button. 3.6 has the option for the old/new :)
Jb
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

Is there such setting for a server setup as well ?
jb

Post by jb »

Mephisto wrote:Is there such setting for a server setup as well ?
its an ini setting in your [ChaosGames.ChaosUT] section of the ini:

bVenganceExplosion

Set it to true uses the big bang. Setting it to false (which is the default) uses the spirts.
Jb
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

Ok, thanks ..

This just confirms that I need some glasses :) :D
jb

Post by jb »

Mephisto wrote:Ok, thanks ..

This just confirms that I need some glasses :) :D
Hehehe,

naw. Just a general rule that any option in chaos usally has an setting section of your ini that you can change. Actually we have a few more user/server settable options in there vrs what is listed on the GUI :)
Jb
Jonathan the Nerd

Post by Jonathan the Nerd »

Just my two cents...

I've been fairly disappointed with the weakening of the Relic of Vengeance. I usually prefer using the explosion. Trouble is, the explosion isn't anywhere near as powerful as it used to be. I remember, back in UT99, if you were close enough to see the floating skull, it was already too late to get away (with rare exceptions). With the latest version, I've stood next to the explosion and lived through it. I'd personally like to see the vengeance explosion be several times more powerful than a Redeemer -- powerful enough to instantly vaporize anyone in the same room, no matter how much health or shielding they have. I realize other people might not share my love of sheer destruction, so how about providing an option (maybe just in the ini file) to set the power of the explosion/spirits? People who aren't insane could set it to normal, and I could set it to "Makes the Redeemer Look Like a Pop Gun". :twisted: