Fan Weapon Ideas and More for CUT2:E

All about Chaos for Unreal... (UT3, UT2004, UT2003, UT)
Kaboodles

Post by Kaboodles »

Pepito wrote:
SideWinder wrote: but i always wondered if they could add a "prone" position to the movment controls...

but what good would proning do for you in the fast paced world of unreal tournament. Weapons are already perfectly accurate, and the loss of movement speed would far outweigh any benefits.
I would like it as a sort of "knock-down" feature, where getting hit hard by something knocks you down and makes you vulnerable. It'd be cool for melee weapons.
High Council member of The Generals
jb

Post by jb »

Keep in mind that most of the ragdoll stuff (if not all) is not network compatible, so if you did knock some one over, then there final restion postion and rotatio/pose would have to be the same on all the clients...
Jb
Mick

Post by Mick »

I have an idea about weapons: Could you get chaos to remember what mode you like your weapons in? For example I hardly ever use the chaos rocket launcher without the laser guidance, so it would be nice not to have to hit the AWO button whenever I pick one up.
Reality is that part of imagination we all agree on.
jb

Post by jb »

Mick wrote:I have an idea about weapons: Could you get chaos to remember what mode you like your weapons in? For example I hardly ever use the chaos rocket launcher without the laser guidance, so it would be nice not to have to hit the AWO button whenever I pick one up.
Maybe but not likey for now. The "mode" of the weapon is var that store in the weapon itself. So when its first picked up it will always default to certian mode. What you want is not impossible as we would then move that info into another var that is keep with the player (along with thier melee weapon, spray paint, ect). However we would have to have a seperate var for each weapon and that would have to be replicated over the network so it creates more traffic and minor overhead to make sure we correctly keep track of which weapon is doing what. It was much easier to make it in the weapon :)
Jb
Gamma

Post by Gamma »

How about a move where your character grabs your enemy's gun and shoots him in the face with it? It'd be funny as hell with a needler or ERDW, but less so with a napalm CGL.

Strider Proxies! :proxy:
chaoskirina

Post by chaoskirina »

to the knock-down move for melee, Chaos could actually make a knock-down animation for this. a little bit of work but if all goes well then you have a new hit! and of course to reduce someone from constantly knocking down another you could set like a three second time period until you can knock them down again. and it takes .5 to 1 seconds to recover form a knock down anim to move on to a slash/whack/hit anim.
TKATK
the magical link fairy

Post by TKATK »

knockdown:in muralis knockdowns worked horribly,dont really want to see the same in CUT

shootintheface:you cant make 2 player animations afaik and it would sever compatibilty even more
SonicFreak12

Post by SonicFreak12 »

Melee Weapon Ideas:

That huge sword that Nightmare in Soul Calibur II has, or that one magic weapon (I think Necrid's) that tranforms when he swings it.
All proxies should have one of the following:
spiky blue hair
small yellow spikes of the forehead
red dreadlocks
black and red spiky hair
long, white hair
TKATK
the magical link fairy

Post by TKATK »

How about a flail,before it was impossible due to karma not working online,but goodkarma fixes that pritty well

a pole,a ball that uses karma and some moves to get the ball moving around
SonicFreak12

Post by SonicFreak12 »

I got and idea! How about this:

Name- Alien Gun
Super Weapon

Holds 20 ammo.

Primary fire: Launches an egg. On contact with an opponent, it "impregnates" them, causing their belly to swell up (you could do that with code that causes the abdomen area to increase in size) until it explodes, then a powerful monster that will go around killing people and scoring kills for you. If you miss with your shot, the egg breaks and does nothing. Also does nothing it your target dies first. This costs 10 ammo, regardless of hit or miss.

Secondary fire: Shoots out small monsters (like those leeches or the flying little things) to do your bidding that are already hatched. More reliable, but less damaging. Uses 1 ammo per shot.

AWO: I know that the needler has its own kami, but whatever. Pressing once readies it, press again in next few seconds to activate. Impregnates yourself, but you get a very powerful monster. Costs 20 ammo and your life.
spiky blue hair
red dreadlocks
black and red spiky hair
long, white hair
chaoskirina

Post by chaoskirina »

SonicFreak12 wrote:I got and idea! How about this:

Name- Alien Gun
Super Weapon

Holds 20 ammo.

Primary fire: Launches an egg. On contact with an opponent, it "impregnates" them, causing their belly to swell up (you could do that with code that causes the abdomen area to increase in size) until it explodes, then a powerful monster that will go around killing people and scoring kills for you. If you miss with your shot, the egg breaks and does nothing. Also does nothing it your target dies first. This costs 10 ammo, regardless of hit or miss.

Secondary fire: Shoots out small monsters (like those leeches or the flying little things) to do your bidding that are already hatched. More reliable, but less damaging. Uses 1 ammo per shot.

AWO: I know that the needler has its own kami, but whatever. Pressing once readies it, press again in next few seconds to activate. Impregnates yourself, but you get a very powerful monster. Costs 20 ammo and your life.
Okay, now that's just creepy. That... That's just wrong, okay? sure it was cool in the movie but THEY. CAN'T. DO. THAT! they can't use someone else' material. besides, i could just snipe every opposing team member with that and kill every one of them. so, overpowered. Go talk to an alien mod about that idea.
SonicFreak12

Post by SonicFreak12 »

Going back to "super ammo", I've got some ideas (and none of them involve aliens :wink: ).

Claw 2: Mega Fire Mine
Like a normal fire mine, but blue with blue flames, and turretlike, aiming its laser blasting people with flames. Somewhat larger health meter than norm firemine. AWO would allow you to see thru its view, much like the turrets
Crossbow: Rapid arrows. Fires rapid fire like minigun and go thru multiple enemies like harpoon.
MUG: Plasma Ammo
Much longer ranged than norm shots, and not affected by gravity. Damages opponents with jets of burning plasma. Only damage on contact, no after-burn like fire.
CUTTER: Explosive blades like in classic UT, but would have to be much more powerful to balance out rareness of ammo.
Grenade Launcher: Hive Emission Launcher, or HEL
Upon detonation, the grenade would not explode, but release auto-homing missles with redeemer-like blasts.
Rocket Launcher: Laser-Guided Nuke. Laser toggled with AWO.
ERDW: Auto Targeting Ammo
When fired, would cause the beam to aim at nearest target, instead of crosshair. Crosshair wouldn't move, but the gun would shoot a different way. Otherwise like normal. Different colored shots so as to prove that people not actually using aimbots in multiplayer.
Chaos Sniper Rifle: Heat-seeking Explosive Bullets
Self-Explanatory.
spiky blue hair
red dreadlocks
black and red spiky hair
long, white hair
Gamma

Post by Gamma »

He'res a Vehicle Idea:

The Sui-cycle
A motorcycle packed with hundreds of pounds of C4!
Primary Fire: A minigun.
Alternate Fire: Activates a large rocket thruster on the back, boosting you to incredible speeds but setting you on fire.
AWO: Explodes! (After a short timer.)
AWO (After the timer has started) : Ejector Seat.

If this vehicle takes too much of Fire Related damage (MUG, explosive crossbow, napalm grenades, etc.), or crashes into something at a high rate of speed, It explodes!
Drone-Fragger

Post by Drone-Fragger »

You've been playing too much clone bandits.
I frag mindless drones, Hence the name.
Simple isn't it?
azrael

Post by azrael »

It would seem that a lot of people want a shotgun of some kind. It would also seem that there is a slight problem with the concepting of the pulse pistol.
So why not combine them? A shotgun-pistol; never been done, spammy enough for an emergency weapon, yet useless enough that everyone will want to switch to a real ung as soon as they get one.
Or have I lost it again?

Then again you could get wacky with the shotgun concept itself - it fires a lot of little bits, right? Those bits can be anything...
Charged Tarydium shards that stick to people and walls like the needler needles.
Secondary fires a wave or beam that destabilises the shards, causing an explosive reaction...
Bam, combo-shotgun!
Or not :roll: