Bug Report Thread for CUT2: PR3.6

All about Chaos for Unreal... (UT3, UT2004, UT2003, UT)
TKATK
the magical link fairy

Post by TKATK »

iirc the newest patch is 3355

post the .log file in UT2004/chaosut2/system
INC

Post by INC »

People, can uoy tell me, how I should switch on dodging :roll:
TKATK
the magical link fairy

Post by TKATK »

settings>game>tick dodging
settings>inupt>make the dodging double click time higher,its the time in which you have to doubleclick a movement key to dodge
MuTTAR

Post by MuTTAR »

Ok, first things first... you guys rock for making a sweet mod and on top of it giving support.

Now to my problem. I run a dedicated server and I use a public redirect. When I try to use the public redirect for ChoasUT it gets rejected. But if I turn off the redirect the files on my computer go to like 1000% before they finish DLing.

Chaos runs great for me but I can't get anyone to DL it.
R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by R.Flagg »

Thanks sir.

First things first, it is not recommended to download the mod off of a game server anyway - your best bet is to make your players aware of this if you can.

Secondly, there have been some folks reporting issues with redirect (ie: http://forums.chaoticdreams.org/viewtop ... t=redirect), however, our server admin has not responded yet, and that's who I would refer you to.

Hopefully he'll show up and help you.
Manta

Post by Manta »

Regarding the chaos bike in VehicleCTF;

The direction indicators at the top of the screen which show you where the two bases are isn't dependant on where the the bike (and the camera) is pointing, instead it seems to be relative to which direction your 'imaginary' aim is. I think this is a cast off from the turret code which just about every other vehicle posseses wherein the direction indicator is relative to where the turret is pointing (and hence the direction you are looking in). The bike doesn't have a turret, but the game thinks it does as wiggling the mouse will cause the direction indicators to change.

Hope this actually makes sense to you, because I couldn't explain stuff to save my life.

Secondly, regarding the CUT arena mod (So far only tested using weapons and non-standard ammo);

There's a problem of spawn stacking, if weaponstay is off (Why it would ever be on makes little sense) , then the same weapon will continue to spawn on the same point repeatedly regardless of if there is a weapon already on that point or not. Additionally, picking up the weapon doesn't give me any ammo at all.

while not a bug, I'd be nice if during a weapon arena, non-standard chaos grenades didn't have a limit of 6. Better yet, reintroduce the "All ammo types" option for these arenas.

EDIT:UT2004 Build UT2004_Build_[2005-02-15_17.02]

CPU: AuthenticAMD Unknown processor @ 2007 MHz with 511MB RAM
Video: NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 (7772)

ChaosRelic_Vengeance BR-BRIDGEOFFATE.ChaosRelic_Vengeance (Function ChaosGames.ChaosRelic_Vengeance.StopEffects:0000) Infinite script recursion (250 calls) detected

History: FFrame::Serialize <- UObject::ProcessEvent <- (ChaosRelic_Vengeance BR-BRIDGEOFFATE.ChaosRelic_Vengeance, Function ChaosGames.ChaosRelic.Destroyed) <- ULevel::DestroyActor <- (ChaosRelic_Vengeance BR-BRIDGEOFFATE.ChaosRelic_Vengeance) <- UObject::ProcessEvent <- (ChaosRelic_Vengeance BR-BRIDGEOFFATE.ChaosRelic_Vengeance, Function ChaosGames.ChaosRelic.Destroyed) <- ULevel::DestroyActor <- (ChaosRelic_Vengeance BR-BRIDGEOFFATE.ChaosRelic_Vengeance) <- UObject::ProcessEvent <- (ChaosRelic_Vengeance BR-BRIDGEOFFATE.ChaosRelic_Vengeance, Function ChaosGames.ChaosRelic.Destroyed) <- ULevel::DestroyActor <- (ChaosRelic_Vengeance BR-BRIDGEOFFATE.ChaosRelic_Vengeance) <- UObject::ProcessEvent <- (ChaosRelic_Vengeance BR-BRIDGEOFFATE.ChaosRelic_Vengeance, Function ChaosGames.ChaosRelic.Destroyed) <- ULevel::DestroyActor <- (ChaosRelic_Vengeance BR-BRIDGEOFFATE.ChaosRelic_Vengeance) <- UObject::ProcessEvent <- (ChaosRelic_Vengeance BR-BRIDGEOFFATE.ChaosRelic_Vengeance, Function ChaosGames.ChaosRelic.Destroyed) <- ULevel::DestroyActor <- (ChaosRelic_Vengeance BR-BRIDGEOFFATE.ChaosRelic_Vengeance) <- UObject::ProcessEvent <- (ChaosRelic_Vengeance BR-BRIDGEOFFATE.ChaosRelic_Vengeance, Function ChaosGames.ChaosRelic.Destroyed) <- ULevel::DestroyActor <- (ChaosRelic_Vengeance BR-BRIDGEOFFATE.ChaosRelic_Vengeance) <- UObject::ProcessEvent <- (ChaosRelic_Vengeance BR-BRIDGEOFFATE.ChaosRelic_Vengeance, Function ChaosGames.ChaosRelic.Destroyed) <- ULevel::DestroyActor <- (ChaosRelic_Vengeance BR-BRIDGEOFFATE.ChaosRelic_Vengeance) <- UObject::ProcessEvent <- (ChaosRelic_Vengeance BR-BRIDGEOFFATE.ChaosRelic_Vengeance, Function ChaosGames.ChaosRelic.Destroyed) <- ULevel::DestroyActor <- (ChaosRelic_Vengeance BR-BRIDGEOFFATE.ChaosRelic_Vengeance) <- UObject::ProcessEvent <- (ChaosRelic_Vengeance BR-BRIDGEOFFATE.ChaosRelic_Vengeance, Function ChaosGames.ChaosRelic.Destroyed) <- ULevel::DestroyActor <- (ChaosRelic_Vengeance BR-BRIDGEOFFATE.ChaosRelic_Vengeance) <- UObject::ProcessEvent <- (ChaosRelic_Vengeance BR-BRIDGEOFFATE.ChaosRelic_Vengeance, Function ChaosGames.ChaosRelic.Destroyed) <- ULevel::DestroyActor <- (ChaosRelic_Vengeance BR-BRIDGEOFFATE.ChaosRelic_Vengeance) <- UObject::ProcessEvent <- (ChaosRelic_Vengeance BR-BRIDGEOFFATE.ChaosRelic_Vengeance, Function ChaosGames.ChaosRelic.Destroyed) <- ULevel::DestroyActor <- (ChaosRelic_Vengeance BR-BRIDGEOFFATE.ChaosRelic_Vengeance) <- UObject::ProcessEvent <- (ChaosRelic_Vengeance BR-BRIDGEOFFATE.ChaosRelic_Vengeance, Function ChaosGames.ChaosRelic.Destroyed) <- ULevel::DestroyActor <- (ChaosRelic_Vengeance BR-BRIDGEOFFATE.ChaosRelic_Vengeance) <- UObject::ProcessEvent <- (ChaosRelic_Vengeance BR-BRIDGEOFFATE.ChaosRelic_Vengeance, Function ChaosGames.ChaosRelic.Destroyed) <- ULevel::DestroyActor <- (ChaosRelic_Vengeance BR-BRIDGEOFFATE.ChaosRelic_Vengeance) <- UObject::ProcessEvent <- (ChaosRelic_Vengeance BR-BRIDGEOFFATE.ChaosRelic_Vengeance, Function ChaosGames.ChaosRelic.Destroyed) <- ULevel::DestroyActor <- (ChaosRelic_Vengeance BR-BRIDGEOFFATE.ChaosRelic_Vengeance) <- UObject::ProcessEvent <- (ChaosRelic_Vengeance BR-BRIDGEOFFATE.ChaosRelic_Vengeance, Function ChaosGames.ChaosRelic.Destroyed) <- ULevel::DestroyActor <- (ChaosRelic_Vengeance BR-BRIDGEOFFATE.ChaosRelic_Vengeance) <- UObject::ProcessEvent <- (ChaosRelic_Vengeance BR-BRIDGEOFFATE.ChaosRelic_Vengeance, Function ChaosGames.ChaosRelic.Destroyed) <- ULevel::DestroyActor <- (ChaosRelic_Vengeance BR-BRIDGEOFFATE.ChaosRelic_Vengeance) <- UObject::ProcessEvent <- (ChaosRelic_Vengeance BR-BRIDGEOFFATE.ChaosRelic_Vengeance, Function ChaosGames.ChaosRelic.Destroyed) <- ULevel::DestroyActor <- (ChaosRelic_Vengeance BR-BRIDGEOFFATE.ChaosRelic_Vengeance) <- UObject::ProcessEvent <- (ChaosRelic_Vengeance BR-BRIDGEOFFATE.ChaosRelic_Vengeance, Function ChaosGames.ChaosRelic.Destroyed) <- ULevel::DestroyActor <- (ChaosRelic_Vengeance BR-BRIDGEOFFATE.ChaosRelic_Venge

Something about the vengance relic explosion, also, it doesn't appear to do any damage at all.

Flaming crossbow weapon arena still appears to give standard as well as flaming ammo.
jb

Post by jb »

Thanks Manta we have addressed some of these already in the newest builds that we are still working on. Always good to get more feedback!
Jb
Silverlobo

Voice commands menu

Post by Silverlobo »

Every since I installed the latest update, I can't use the voice commands menu to give the bots instructions or taunt my buddy when he is suffering those humiliating defeats. Any suggestions?
Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons for you are crunchy and tastey when toasted.
TKATK
the magical link fairy

Post by TKATK »

check your keybinds,might be that you accidentl binded a chaos related command over the voice menu
Manta

Post by Manta »

Again with VCTF: (All of the following were from a botmatch on VCTF-CE-Submagma on Novice skill, Because I fancied a laugh).

The bots seem to have some rather odd behaviors, namely one time when a friendly AI bot got the flag, and I used the hellbender to pick her up and drive her back to base wherein she got out when I did, got into a golliath and proceeded to drive back to the enemy's base to near the spot where I picked her up. at the base she got out, got into a scorpion and drove back to our base.

Also, Probably more to do with the map itself, but the bots seem to have troube pathfinding up the staircases to get to the flag base, they just seem to run up and down them like headless chickens.

Finally, I managed to get stuck on the middle lowest staircase on that level by driving a scorpion straight into it, the vehicle wouldn't move and I couldn't even get out.
jb

Post by jb »

Manta,
thanks for your feedback and some of these have been address as we have tweaked the bot AI...

Hammer,
did we tweak the other map issues with this one map???
Jb
R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by R.Flagg »

Most of what you describe is not really a problem with SubMagma, but UT2004 VCTF AI.

We were aware of the bot issues with SubMagma before it was released. I did not however recommend that the map be withheld, because it has a good layout for human play - making it play good for bots would have ruined that.

vCTF in UT2004 does not have full bot support, and currently there is nothing we can do about it except make maps that have 'drive-by' flag stands. Meaning, you cannot make the bots work in a VCTF map unless you allow them to pretty much drive right up to the flag.

However, many folks (like myself) think this makes for less than desirable gameplay. Ideally, VCTF would have actual bases. And of course you can do that if you want, but you lose bot support if you do.

I supported the map anyway for two reasons. First, because if in fact you do get at least 14 humans together, it should be a great vctf map that is tons of fun to play. And secondly because I had hoped that Epic would have taken it upon themselves to fix this issue by now. Sadly, that hasn't happened, and UT2004 is not yet capable of delivering VCTF as well as it could be, and that's a shame.

I have suggested in the past that Hammer might want to consider releasing another version of SubMagma that drops the flag straight down from where it is to ground level. As I mentioned, this would not be as nice for human-only games, but would at least enable the bots to score.

If you wish you can search for and read some things as I have - like Blitz's tutorial, and comments from Mr. Polge - and read up on things such as the 'white road'. This will give you a more detailed understanding if you desire.

You can also read comments from other experienced VCTF mappers. For example, this <a href="http://www.ina-community.com/forums/sho ... genumber=5" target="_blank">Atari thread</a> has some comments from another mapper who made several VCTF levels, some of which I didn't really care for that much, but now I see that he was aware of the issues as well, as was just as unhappy with some of his maps' layouts as I was:

He goes on a bit, but the bottom line can be summed up here:
Toonces wrote:If the A.I. can be corrected, I would love to see vCTF really take off as a game-type
And I agree.

I can and do enjoy VCTF in UT2004, and with Chaos 4.0 added to it I think it's the best VCTF there is to be had on the planet. But with proper bot support it could be soo much more.

One other note - sometimes bots will forget they are carrying a flag. This too has been confirmed as an Epic bug, and is not Chaos related.
Shadowstar
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by Shadowstar »

It isn't likely we will have decent VCTF in UT2004. Maybe UT2007, if Epic decides that the gametype is worth justifying more than 3 hours of actual work on.

I doubt there is much we can do with CCTF to improve bot AI, but only JB really knows the answer to that, being the source of the much appreciated general chaos AI improvements.
R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by R.Flagg »

Shadowstar wrote:It isn't likely we will have decent VCTF in UT2004.
Well, I wouldn't go quite that far. If that's how my post sounded, than I went to far. I was merely trying to express my frustration at the huge potential that's not being realized.

But even as it is right now in CCTF 4.0, it's can be a very fun game type.

If I can ever get my own, or persuade someone to set up a CCTF server with my favorite Chaos setup - I'd play 'bout everyday.
Shadowstar
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by Shadowstar »

The bots will always be a problem, unless we can ever get enough players online that we dont need bots.