How can I get the weapons as a mutator-only

All about Chaos for Unreal... (UT3, UT2004, UT2003, UT)
Delirious

How can I get the weapons as a mutator-only

Post by Delirious »

I love the mod and all, I just want the weapons as a mutator in the normal UT2k4 game.

How can I do this?
Kaboodles

Post by Kaboodles »

Start a normal game with the ChaosUT2:Evolution mutator.

You'll still need to download the whole mod though.

EDIT: If you don't want certain aspects of the game, you can disable them in the Chaos options.
High Council member of The Generals
Delirious

Post by Delirious »

I have the whole mod, but even if I have to run the mod, I can't get ANY weapons except that stupid rocket launcher...i REALLY want to know how to get those melee weapons and would be nice to get the chaos weapons as well.
jb

Post by jb »

Delirious wrote:I have the whole mod, but even if I have to run the mod, I can't get ANY weapons except that stupid rocket launcher...i REALLY want to know how to get those melee weapons and would be nice to get the chaos weapons as well.
Start normal ut2k4 and add the chaos mut. make sure you set up you ut2004 ini to support chaos in the normal UT2k4 mode (see the readme or on line docs for this step). Finally the meele weapons are only found in the chaos games due to techincal reasons. Thanks and let us know how it goies!!!
Jb
Delirious

Post by Delirious »

So if I want to use the melee weapons, I HAVE to run chaosmod?
MassChAoS

Post by MassChAoS »

Yes. Melee weapons are only available in the Duel and Horde Hunter gametypes. For technical reasons they can not be used as a mutator.
Delirious

Post by Delirious »

ok fine but I CANNOT GET ANY WEAPONS to work/spawn for the life of me!! what am I doing wrong? I'm trying both of those fighting modes...how do i get to them?? :(
jb

Post by jb »

Delirious wrote:ok fine but I CANNOT GET ANY WEAPONS to work/spawn for the life of me!! what am I doing wrong? I'm trying both of those fighting modes...how do i get to them?? :(
Did you modify your ut2004.ini to get the mod to work in normal UT2k4? And can you cut and paste the contents of your ut2004.ini here as well as the ut2004.log when you try it? Thanks and sorry for your trouble.
Jb
Delirious

Post by Delirious »

problem solved thanks :)