Proxy Personalities

All about Chaos for Unreal... (UT3, UT2004, UT2003, UT)
Zachariah
Chaotic Dreams Team

Proxy Personalities

Post by Zachariah »

Ok , so how about some proxies having alternate personalities. such as a proxy pickup randomly containing special proxies , or having a very low chance of special proxies turning up with a regular proxy pack. may sound odd , but these ideas are worth looking into , IMO(of course I am the one writing the post so i guess thats a little bias) I'm not sure how these could be implemented...but maybe well thing of something?

EDIT: OH WAIT... PROXYMATCH!!!all proxy gametype...

Proxy leaders these proxies have a commando hat , and turn all other proxies it comes into contact to (belonging to its master) into a well organized mob that actively hunts as a single unit.

speed PROXIES thse proxies have double the speed of the average proxy , and can jump twice as far , but they are less accurate , and tend to roll a few feet when they land. these proxies are signaled by racing stripes alont the eggshell.

Smart proxiesThese proxies strategically congregate by weaponbases and ammo pickups , where they lie in wait , they are capable of dodging projectiles , and are very accurate...symbolized by a lightbulb on the head

Lemming proxiesthese proxies will seek out the nearest damage causing volume in the level , and jump into it, any other proxies it meets will be persuaded to do the same , in single file. if no damage causing volumes are present , the proxy will attack the nearest proxy... this guy is symbloized by a missing eggshell , .. it may seem useless considering it jumps into damage volumes , but if used properly , could save you from a pack of proxies on your tail.

Sniper Proxies these proxies are symbloized by a small amount of C4 attached to its back... this proxy will lie in wait at the spot which it was laid , looking around for unsuspecting enemies , when an enemy comes into its line of site , the proxy will detonate the c4 on its back , and go Hurtling towards its target , if it misses , it will jump immeadiately after impact , towards its target , if it misses on this second attempt , it will self destruct .

Predator proxiesthese proxies are symbolized by an personal cloaking system that gives them a distortion effect similar to that of the predator in the movie of the same name they also have the signature 3 red dot triangle laser , that is emitted from them in much the same way as the sniper laser . these proxies will hunt players just as normal ones do , except these will stop every time their target makes line of sight with them(that'll be a ***** to code no doubt)

Spider Proxies proxies in command of a fourlegged spiderwalker , these proxies will spin webs that block player movement , but can be destroyed by any amout of damage . they will run along walls and ceilings , and multiple spider proxies will congregate in the same web , if their web is destroyed they will ALL go after the destroyer.
Last edited by Zachariah on Tue Aug 05, 2003 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jb

Post by jb »

These are some good ideas and we can look into it. I tried to do the leader stuff but it did not seem to work out well so I took it out. But we could really have fun with this one. Thanks!!!!
Jb
Zachariah
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by Zachariah »

ok this is semi-related to the topic of this thread in that it has to do with proxies.

As I was browsing my instant messenger options earlier , I found that one of the options was labelled , Use proxy . there were also options such as enable proxies , and client proxy number. are the proxies in chaos named after this type of internet option , or is this purely coincidence?

EDIT:oh and to make this post a little more on topic...

PHSYCHO PROXIES(but wait arent all proxies phsycho?) anyway , the basic idea of this kind of proxy is that It is utterly insane. they occasionally turn on their owner , they have a unique hop . they hop half as far/high as classic proxies. they hop in circles when theres no player nearby , and when a player comes within range it will zigzag in pursuit. They have a tendency to hop into walls and generally do disturbing things. when exposed to flash grenades ,these proxies swell up and explode in a cloud of confetti.

ALSO...
When a proxy catches fire , have them(either) roll around screaming , with a random chance off them succeeding in putting the fire out..(OR) have them continue in angry pursuit , slightly crispier , but dropping little balls of fire with each hop.
jeditobe1
Inactive Chaos Team Member

Post by jeditobe1 »

Proxy comes from Proximity Mine
I make Darth Vader look like a teenage punk with a lightsaber.
Deaga

Post by Deaga »

Look up the word proxy
Sharing the wealth, two cents at a time.
Zachariah
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by Zachariah »

Prox'y n .
The right to act or vote for another.

weird huh?
NeoNight

Post by NeoNight »

jeditobe1 wrote:Proxy comes from Proximity Mine
what he said ^

anyway those are some crazy ideas lol would be funny to have some of them (assuming there not ridicously hard to create)
A knight of the new........
Zachariah
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by Zachariah »

Yeah I knew proxy came from proximity mine , I just though it odd that proxy was already a word.

YEah I like these ideas , but I think that the hard part would really be finding a way to implement them in a balanced manner.
But an all proxytype match would be one way to do that
Pio2001

Re: Proxy Personalities

Post by Pio2001 »

Pepito wrote:Smart proxiesThese proxies strategically congregate by weaponbases and ammo pickups
I don't think it's a good idea. It's up to the people in defense to strategically lay sleeping proxies around weapons and ammo. If the proxies do it by themselves, it's not fun anymore.
Zachariah
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by Zachariah »

Pio2001 wrote .
I don't think it's a good idea. It's up to the people in defense to strategically lay sleeping proxies around weapons and ammo. If the proxies do it by themselves, it's not fun anymore.
very Good point...

Sticky Proxyes these proxies, covered in sharp needles, Jump onto , and stick to their target , they will then countdown from 10(for dramatic purposes ) and detonate in a spray of needles. multple proxies of this type can stick to the same target , but each time a new one jumps on , the countdown restarts, so that they can all detonate simultaneously , . they Cannot be shaken off by the victim , but can be shot off by teammates (provided friendly fire is off)
jb

Post by jb »

These are some really good ideas. We will have to talk about them more.
Jb
Zachariah
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by Zachariah »

Jb wrote
These are some really good ideas. We will have to talk about them more.
sure thing...On msn I'm Pepito_the_angry@hotmail.com

In the meantime, heres another one...

Shockproxies Symboized by a tesla coil sprouting from its head , these proxies behave exactly like classic proxies , however ,their explosion causes less damage , but causes a lasting electrical shock that causes the victims screen to shake for 5 to 10 seconds. when these proxies pass any other type of proxy , an arc of electricity will travel from the tesla coil on its head , into the antennae of the nearby proxy , shorting it out, and putting it into sleep mode.

[/b]
jb

Post by jb »

Pepito,

oh I meant the team should talk about them more. Some of them we had talked about a long time ago but never had time to finnish the talk...or we did not have time to implement in the code.. Still keep em coming.
Jb
Zachariah
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by Zachariah »

Lol I guess I got a little ahead of myself...

anywhoo...
as requested.
Pyro Proxies These proxies are symbolized by a pair of gas tanks strapped to their backs. These proxies will NOT burn a player , however they will leave small puddles of gasoline whenever they jump. these puddles can be ignited by weaponsfire of any sort , but will dissappear after a short time. When the prosxy hits a player , it bursts , covering the player in gasoline, the player will then become ignited by any weaponsfire that the come into contact with , and will burn for an extended period of time.

Acid Proxies Symbolized by a gas mask. these proxies emit a small amount of poison gas with each hop , and a small to medium cloutd of gas upon explosion.

Fission Proxies These proxies , posses an unstable molecular composition , which makes them capable of cellular mytosis. In other words , when you try to kill one , it splits into two , these can only be killed by damage volumes , proxies , and suicide into other players

Hover proxies This proxy posseses the same characteristics as a classic proxy , except that it hovers through the use of some sort of device(not sure what, a balloon , or rotor blades)
Last edited by Zachariah on Fri Aug 08, 2003 2:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zambini

Post by Zambini »

Loved the idea for Fusion Proxies, even though I'm pretty sure that 'Fission Proxies' would be the correct term for their splitting antics. However, true 'Fusion Proxies' would be cool.

Imagine - a whole bunch of the little dudes melding together to form one monstrous Proxy King that goes off with the force of a Redeemer...

In fact, why not include the Proxy King as a potential superweapon for Proxy Match? With special deep voiced taunting (would sound kind of like the mighty Mr T, I'd imagine) as he hunts you down...

Or Facehugger Proxies which jump on your face, blocking your view whilst they count down to detonation?

Finally, Stoned Proxies which don't do a lot besides eat pizza and sit around saying 'Man, I'm wasted'...
'This is the end, beautiful friend...'