Relic WIP Effect Screenies

All about Chaos for Unreal... (UT3, UT2004, UT2003, UT)
chaoskirina

Post by chaoskirina »

Kaboodles_The_Assassin wrote:The Vengeance explosion should be a freaky color, like red or purple.

And can you make the skulls fly our in the explosion?
or even better, a black explosion! plus you hear these like small screams coming from the the skulls when they leave.
TKATK
the magical link fairy

Post by TKATK »

how about a wall of fire pops about 1500UU's around the skull,and everything inside it gibs,and then the wall dissapears...wall of death anyone?
Shadowstar
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by Shadowstar »

Interesting idea...

I may be doing some revamping of things soon so ideas are encouraged.
Tuna_

Post by Tuna_ »

Just looked over the realics and noticed there wasn't an invisibility or maybe flight. Might be fun to float around on the map and snipe down on people.
Eat Me
Gentlemen fill me with barbecue sauce because I'm stupid as hell!
chaoskirina

Post by chaoskirina »

Tuna_ wrote:Just looked over the realics and noticed there wasn't an invisibility or maybe flight. Might be fun to float around on the map and snipe down on people.
Flight is a little overpowered. like in ctf, just fly over the enemies sight then take their flag then land and cap it. invisibility is good though. since at close range invisibility is useless. at long range it is useful. although weps like the sniper rifle and the chaos RPB sniper rifle ammo can pinpoint your location.
AA/unreality

Post by AA/unreality »

flight makes me think.... UT2004 RPG boots of flight weeeee hehe even though when the relics are made avaible in the next version it wud yust be a matter of finding em and using em in different ways i wonder if speed will also effect vechiles like get into a scorpion turn on the relic speed and ure scorpion feels like it got some nitro boosts weehee wud be quite fun
Shadowstar
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by Shadowstar »

The relics are always on when you have them. Dunno how they effect vehicles, but I was thinking venge+vehicle+die = burning ball of death... Heh
chaoskirina

Post by chaoskirina »

Shadowstar wrote:The relics are always on when you have them. Dunno how they effect vehicles, but I was thinking venge+vehicle+die = burning ball of death... Heh
nice. and i guess we will be seeing invisible leviathans everywhere. and actually, a scorpion with speed enabled sounds like it has nitro alright. and i am guessing the vampire effect on vehicles will make them recover damage?* thinks of a black scorpion with bat wings for blades and had red eyes for headlights plus the front has teeth* oh yeah! a vamp car!
AA/unreality

Post by AA/unreality »

i tryed something today in a botmatch i got 60 gravbelt enabeld it and went in a scorpion i cud see the line gravbelt normally leaves coming from the scorpion but it didnt seem to affect it though guess gravbelt doesnt work on vechiles
cvroy

Post by cvroy »

If any of the Chaos team wants to check out these relics that were made for Ut2003: http://unrealdev.net/ They are really good, but take a look at the speed effect he uses in particular... it's really neat and has a trailing effect of the model itself. I know he is not going to develop these anymore and I know he will let you guys use his effect. Check it out anyway.
Shadowstar
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by Shadowstar »

Thats an interesting effect. Perhaps I could do something based on that. Will have to ask him how he did it.
TKATK
the magical link fairy

Post by TKATK »

Shadowstar wrote:Thats an interesting effect. Perhaps I could do something based on that. Will have to ask him how he did it.
i remember a effect like that in the Bullet time 3.0 mut for UT99(my fav mut)...thats why i thought that the current one looks kinda plain
Tuna_

Post by Tuna_ »

If flight wre put in, imagine a floating leviathon taking out raptors :twisted:
Eat Me
Gentlemen fill me with barbecue sauce because I'm stupid as hell!
The_0men

Post by The_0men »

ROTFL! yes we need flying cars!

~ The 0men ~
chaoskirina

Post by chaoskirina »

The_0men wrote:ROTFL! yes we need flying cars!
if you really want flying cars then that might be done. they will have to be affected by moving speed and gravity though, or else you would have a flying leviathan moving as fast as a raptor. and if you stay still you slowly start to descend so you have to keep moving. the heavier it is, the faster it will descend. like a levi, you cannot use secondary in the air because that would just be a pain to deal with. and if you stop and start shooting missiles you will fall at about 75-80% of normal falling. plus you use the basic raptor controls when in flight. and how about proxies flying the flying vehicles? like you can only drive in spy proxy mode and only with the fly relic on.* imagines flying around in a leviathan blasting down raptors as a proxy.* i know that is only a dream but hey!